Senior Fellow, Centre for Communicable Diseases
icddr,b, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Position
- icddr,b, an international public health research institution based in Bangladesh, has a 50-year history of innovation. Its research agenda reflects the full spectrum of global public health challenges affecting people living in poverty. In addition to world-class research, icddr,b provides vital humanitarian services, and has a strong record of knowledge translation, policy influence and training.
- icddr,b's Centre for Communicable Diseases (CCD) is seeking candidates for 2 Senior Fellow positions in the areas of surveillance and outbreak investigation and emerging and zoonotic infections. CCD is a large (>40 researchers), dynamic, multi-disciplinary research group that supports outbreak investigations and surveillance platforms and conducts research on a variety of infectious diseases including influenza virus, Nipah virus, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, rotavirus, TB, and anthrax. Our work uses a One Health approach to study and prevent disease at the interface between humans, animals and the environment. Senior Fellows will lead portfolios of ongoing research work, write peer-reviewed publications, develop proposals for research funding, and provide mentorship to developing pre-doctoral scientists.
- Ideal candidates are aspiring independent scientists with doctoral degrees, preferably in epidemiology or a quantitative public health field; prior experience in data collection and research in low or middle income countries; a strong publication record, given their years of experience; interest in capacity building and mentorship; and willing to devote at least 2-3 years to building their careers and scientific capacity in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Positions are fully funded for 2-3 years, based on performance; initial contracts will be issued for 11 months with the possibility of extension. icddr,b offers a remuneration package paid in US dollars similar to post-doctoral training fellowships.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV, highlighting their relevant skills and expertise, including salary requirements and three referees with contact information to: DirectorHR@icddrb.org by February 15, 2015.
- For detailed information about icddr,b, visit our website: www.icddrb.org.
- icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.