The Senior Financial Officer coordinates financial / accounting operations , including full financial monitoring and project support / guidance among finance and operations staff, to ensure the budgetary / financial well-being of the organization . It is responsible for financial management and guidance, performs financial data analysis, provides budget analysis for project funds, and analyzes and prepares reports necessary for funding agencies to ensure compliance with the requirements of the funder.
He will pro-actively guide and support partners' financial successes by providing them with high-level analytical expertise, implementing financial strategies and building strong client relationships.
The Financial Officer will provide business analysis and modeling support on strategic initiatives for leadership and field operations.
He will analyze performance trends, model complex business decisions, monitor performance and present results.
- Prepare monthly FHI360 / RDC financial reports within the deadlines set in the accounting system and send them to the region and / or headquarters for verification
- Monitoring of monthly project expenses by analyzing financial data and original documents.
- Review of accounting transactions, for example, general ledger accounts, wire transfers, check requests and journal entries. Ensure completeness of coding, documentation and journal entry adjustment process, if applicable.
- Update and provide the CO SMAC Cost Allocation Worksheet and submit to the Finance Manager for review and apply the allocation to all allocations based on the level of effort for the month concerned.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations of all accounts are completed monthly on a timely basis and reviewed by the CFO. Liaison with the bank for banking operations.
- Interprets, analyzes and / or evaluates data, ensures compliance with applicable federal and state laws and uses generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP).
- Ensure all travel advances are reconciled within the three-week review period provided
- Ensure the proper functioning of the GFAS accounting system and prepare the reports required for the process to be followed for making management decisions.
- Maintain the sub-ledger and reconciliation of accounts as scheduled.
- Prepare weekly fund requests for review by the CFO before they are presented to the regional office
- Work with headquarters and the regional management team to help them understand the financial aspects of country offices
- Interact with industry representatives, co-workers and government officials, as required, to analyze or resolve problems.
- Ensure timely reimbursement and payment of FHI360 implementation partners, outgoing staff salaries, benefits and consultants, insurance and suppliers.
- Review and approve office petty cash disbursements and ensure expenses are authorized, properly allocated and documented.
- Provide accounting and financial advice to program and field staff as required.
- Assist in the execution of the internal audit functions of FHI360 for country office and sub-recipient audits.
- Oversee the maintenance of accounting and financial filing systems
- Perform other related tasks as directed.
- License or its international equivalent.
- 5 - 8 years of increased responsibility in accounting, finance and operations management, and experience in a public procurement environment.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of US government grants, contracts and auditing standards as they apply to the effective management of multi-year funds.
- Express yourself, be professional and know how to communicate with partners and employees
- Must be able to read, write and speak French fluently; english is preferable
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government or private sector desirable
- Experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government or private sector preferred.