Senior Foresight Specialist
CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties of this position include:
- Lead the Foresight research portfolio for CIMMYT and associated WHEAT and MAIZE programs.
- Develop a global strategic research agenda and priorities for such a foresight portfolio.
- Assess future wheat and maize needs in the developing world and translate these into R4D priorities and implications.
- Analyze major drivers of change for current and future maize and wheat-based systems in the developing world to inform R4D investments and policy.
- Develop and use applied foresight (and possibly targeting) tools to help prioritize and guide R4D investments for maximum impact for CIMMYT, MAIZE and WHEAT.
- Contribute to build up the associated funding base.
- Publish findings in international peer reviewed journals.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD in social sciences (e.g. agricultural/development economics) or a related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 10 years of relevant foresight research, including the development and use of one or more associated tools and processes.
- Experience in developing a research strategy and mobilizing funding.
- Proven leadership-, interpersonal-, and cross-cultural skills, including ability to effectively interact with diverse audiences, stakeholders, colleagues and disciplines and to work with and motivate multi-disciplinary teams and to develop strong and effective working relationships with partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A high degree of personal organization and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Established publication record in international peer-reviewed journals.
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 3 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
- CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
- To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: email@example.com / Please indicate position reference number: 15814 in the header of your email). Screening and follow up of applications will start on Monday, 30 March 2015. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.