Senior Gender Expert
Banyan Global, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
USAID/Haiti will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis to inform USAID/Haiti’s new Strategic Framework, which will cover 2020–2022, and a future Country Development Cooperation Strategy. The likely focus is on Health, Education, Democracy, Rights and Governance, Economic Growth, and Agriculture/Environment.
The Senior Gender Expert will work with a research team, and collaborate with USAID/Haiti staff and partners, local academia, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to gather data for the Gender Analysis. The consultancy will be approximately three months and the data collection will be based in Haiti.
- Work with a team that includes two international gender experts and a National Gender Expert to conduct a Gender Analysis in Haiti.
- Set up expert interviews and focus groups with implementing partners, academia, think tanks, government institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other relevant stakeholders to inform the analysis.
- Contribute to the preparation of an Inception Report, including a desk review of relevant literature in Haiti.
- Contribute to the design of the methodology and participate in key informant interiews and focus group discussions with the Team Leader, International Senior Gender Expert, and Gender Expert.
- Contribute to the drafting of data collection instruments.
- Establish and participate in key informant interviews and assist in presentation of study findings to USAID and project staff.
- Contribute to the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for report and presentation.
- Assist in drafting the final report and make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback.
- At least ten years of experience working in development, research and/or evaluations in gender analysis in the development areas of democracy, rights, and governance, health, agriculture and education, economic growth, and environment
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, public policy, development, or other related field.
- Must have leadership skills, be able to lead meetings, coordinate, and gather different points of view of team members, draft documents with specific conclusions and recommendations, and prepare reports and presentations.
- Extensive experience in qualitative research and statistical data analysis.
- Familiarity with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Haiti.
- Deep knowledge of the Government of Haiti gender mainstreaming programs; development partner engagement in the gender space and a sound working relationship with the Ministry of Women's Affairs.
- Fluency in French and Creole required.
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and intercultural skills.