DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Within the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities. However, staff may be reassigned to perform other duties within GHR as determined by the Coordinator, GHR which includes ad hoc assignments, reinforcing other teams or replacing other staff members as required.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties.
- Appointment of Professional Staff and appointments by Inter-Agency transfer, Secondment or Loan for all categories of staff.
- Extension of temporary contracts for professional staff, taking into consideration the contract history and administer applicable entitlements accordingly.
- Administer and prepare letters related to reassignments with change in duty stations including reassignment through arrangements of loans or secondments and reassignment to SOA duty stations.
- Administration of appointment, reassignment and separation related entitlements and review periodical entitlements, when required.
- Separation of staff members (in P and higher categories) and administering terminal entitlements.
- Processing SLIC cases and GSM administration related to SLIC (contract extension, SLWFP, sick leave, SLIC dates and extension, annual leave adjustment, home leave adjustment, WIGI adjustment, changing SLIC or sick leave to service incurred).
- Review and administer annual leave adjustment, when required.
- Review and administer home leave due date adjustment, when required.
- Review and administer Rental Subsidy and Rental Advances.
- Prepare Salary Step Review forms.
- Initiate related travel requests and RTCs for appointment, reassignment and separation.
- Processing of education grant claims independently for full year including transmission of weekly payroll reports to Payroll/GSC and cases involving interagency transfers.
- Uploading all GHR transaction related supporting documents in the L Drive for ECM upload.
- Guide G4 and G5 in implementing complex GHR transactions in GSM.
- Act as mentor for new staff members and provide appropriate on job training through buddy arrangements.
- Support P staff in delivering classroom training when require.
- Updating the status of implementation in both eSLA and HRAP.
Essential:Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent.
Desirable:Higher level education in human resources or related field is desirable.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in HR management and/or administration or,
- 6 years with a relevant first level university degree or,
- 5 years with a relevant advanced university degree.
Desirable:Experience in the use of an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Good technical expertise in human resources.
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Good knowledge in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and Web-based software.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Good analytical and general organizational skills.
- Sound judgement, integrity and tact when dealing with others.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to brief others and explain procedures.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Use of Language Skills
Essential:Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable:Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at MYR 65,493 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.