Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world.
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Resources, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas:
- Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
- HR Programs – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development;
- Strategic Initiatives – manages key HR initiatives, such as Board engagement, fragile and conflict states, workforce planning, position management and people analytics and reporting; and
- Employment Framework and Recruitment – designs and implements HR programs in the areas of HR strategy, policies and procedures, departmental project and knowledge management, diversity and inclusion, and talent acquisition.
We are looking for two Senior HR Assistants to support the IFC Employment Framework and Recruitment team based in Chennai, India. The selected candidates will report to the Principal HR Officer - Employment Framework and Recruitment.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Senior HR Assistants will provide support for Recruitment. In particular, s/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Execute the full lifecycle of recruitment management process from job posting to candidates onboard
- Provide a high level of responsive, accurate and timely service to recruiters, HR Business Partners, hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Maintain the integrity and objectivity of recruitment process within the framework of IFC and WBG policy and recruitment objectives
- Support and advise hiring managers and recruiters in implementing appropriate advertising or sourcing strategies/methods
- Post and monitor vacancy announcements on WBG website and career related sites
- Educate and communicate process steps to Hiring Managers and agree on hiring timelines
- Review candidate applications to formulate long-lists for hiring managers, with due attention to business requirements
- Follow up proactively with recruiters, HR Business Partners and hiring managers to track the recruitment status and manage the recruitment process in the recruitment management system, including updating candidate status, assigning relevant forms to candidates, inputting candidate and offer data and initiating on-boarding
- Manage the appointment process, including liaising with candidates to gather required information, coordinating with HR Business Partners on the salary offer, issuing the appointment letter, and coordinating with global mobility teams on benefits and relocation
- Liaise with selected candidates to complete the background screening process
- Initiate the onboarding workflow in the recruitment system
- Support the HR team with recruitment drives and batch hiring processes
- Assist recruiters to develop a talent pipeline and network of candidate sources, track candidates and sources and maintain pipelines.
- Strive to minimize time to fill vacancies and continuously seek opportunities to improve processes and communication to clients and candidates
- Adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), established recruitment metrics and quality control standards
- Analyze and report recruitment metrics
- Back up other team members as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of recruitment work experience in a multinational company or organization; Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills, with the ability to provide clear and consistent communication, including preparing professional emails, reports and presentations
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Familiarity with recruitment and HR systems/software (preferably PeopleSoft)
- Excellent customer service skills and responsiveness
- Proven ability to manage multiple demanding clients from both inside and outside HR
- Ability to understand the needs of the business (hiring units) and the objectives of the Employment Framework and Recruitment team
- Initiative, resourcefulness and creativity in solving problems and getting tasks done
- Positive, open, collaborative, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to multi-task, deal with fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines, performance metrics and SLAs
- Ability to deal sensitively with others (clients, colleagues, etc) in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work flexible shifts as required to meet time zone differences in an international organization
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.