Senior Human Resource Assistant (Information and Services) - 2 positions
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- To undertake standard administrative procedures in HR Information and Service Unit (BPIS) within a specific work area to aimed to ensure the quality of benefits and services for ADB staff and retirees.
- Work independently on all or a combination of clearly defined areas and transactions, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
Analytical and Administrative Support
- Provides analytical and administrative support in developing, implementing, reviewing and managing the various benefits and services handled by BPIS.
- Ensures that records are updated and filing systems are maintained in accordance with prescribed systems and established guidelines.
- Prepares estimates of accountabilities and payments for benefits continuation and calculations of salary and benefits payments for staff leaving service, i.e. termination or special leave without pay.
- Processes entitlements and claims especially the more complicated or special cases to ensure conformity with ADB policies and procedures in relevant work area, including:
- Checking and ensuring accuracy and consistency of applications/claims;
- Recommending approval by Specialist; and
- Liaising/coordinating with internal (CTL, TD, OAS and OIST) and external contacts (appraisers, credit investigators, local schools, insurers, comparators, etc.) to ensure that work processes are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with providers and other parties for reconciliation and settlement of outstanding accounts and implementation of agreements/arrangements.
- Provides guidance to staff on various benefits and on-boarding and off-boarding requirements.
- Provides inputs to ensure consistency with ADB's revised policies and procedures and timely maintenance of relevant databases.
- Contributes to efficient client service by interacting with staff, dependents, and/or retirees to clarify policy issues, seeks additional supporting information/documents to facilitate processing of claims/applications, and determines whether any issues would need to be elevated to supervisor for review and decision.
- Conducts orientation of incoming candidates, new appointees and staff leaving ADB regarding ADB benefits and services.
Analytical and Writing Support
- Provides inputs for ad hoc studies on HR benefits and services.
- Drafts standard and non-standard correspondence and reports.
- Supports the design and delivery of knowledge tools.
- Documents and organizes knowledge reference to the HR Knowledge Management Center.
- Contributes to the budget preparation and monitoring of specific BPIS budget items.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably major in Management, Business Administration or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience (e.g. human resource, insurance and health services, other employee benefits, etc.).
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
- Able to set priorities
- Effective writing and communication skills in English and the national language (as required)
- Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with colleagues throughout ADB
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member