Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- Responsible for managing the IT Service Desk using the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework as a guide.
- This position is also responsible in the administration of official mobile communication of staff in the Headquarters and in the supervision of the IT Customer Support staff in charge of IT service requests and access administration.
a. Customer Support
- Oversees all the areas under the IT Service Desk (ITSD) and is accountable for the proper management and outputs of Incident Management, Service Level Management, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management.
- Manage the service level of the ITSD and manage customer expectation.
- Act as an escalation point for the ITSD personnel, monitor ITSD performance, and identify areas for improvements.
- Develop and update support procedures, based on system updates and security policies, and ensure that the ITSD support team is trained and that the knowledgebase is updated.
- Manage Operational Level Agreement (OLA) among the different OIST teams.
- Manage contract of the IT Service Desk.
- Manage blackberry CAL licenses and assist in managing workstation software licenses.
- Represent the ITSD at the Change Advisory Board weekly meetings.
- Monitor the impact of changes on the IT services and ensure that scheduled and unscheduled downtimes are properly communicated to staff in HQ and FO offices.
- Assist, respond, and comply with requirements related to IT Service Desk audits conducted by internal OIST teams, the Office of the Auditor General, or vendors.
- Provide technical support to users including IT Service Desks, FO IT supports and coordinators.
- Provide technical support for the Business Continuity Plan and the Integrated Disaster Recovery Testing.
b. Official Mobile Administration
- Manage the official mobile communication including technical support, deployment, inventory and mobile database update and maintenance.
- Liaise with mobile providers regarding technical matters, device retention, account plans and features.
- Ensure that the OIST mobile database is in sync with the mobile provider’s database.
- Monitor Blackberry CAL and mobile device retention.
- Coordinate with other departments and other OIST teams in handling issues and queries related to mobile billings, agreements, contracts and plans. Coordinate with system developer for the mobile system changes and enhancements.
c. Staff Supervision
- Supervise assigned staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to assigned staff and ensure their continued learning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, preferably with Master's Degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, 4 years of which must be with supervisory function.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certified.
- Problem-solving skills with an emphasis on resolution of complex technical problems.
- Understanding of and experience with service and operational level agreements.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, strong value realization, and the ability to achieve results through others.
- Strong conceptual and analytical abilities.
- Effective report writing in English.
- Proficient project management and supervisor skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
People and supervisory skills
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Proven people management skills, strong interpersonal abilities, and motivational skills.
- Sound organizational abilities, both personal organization and the coordination of program and related efforts.
- Ability to lead inter-disciplinary teams, and capacity to take initiative with sound judgment and decision making capacity.
- Effective communication skills to deal with all levels of staff in an organization