Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of Kufranja dam landslides reduction project for the construction component, s/he will provide full technical design, drawings, BoQ & technical justification if needed for the gabions wall, check dams, drop structure & support the Junior infrastructure engineer in providing technical training for the volunteer as well as support them within the implementation of the project by providing feasible technical solutions , techniques & guidance .Senior Infrastructure engineer will be responsible for managing the refugees and Jordanians through the Junior infrastructure engineer to achieve the goals of the project in a well-organized & efficient way according to WVI regulation & polices.
- Liaison with local suppler & partners and communities on project implementation. Prepare Daily progress reports outlining project activities Work closely with procurement department for ordering key supplies. Prepare detailed technical designs and estimates related to construction.
- Monitor technical data gathering process, prepare plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews the work of staff working on assigned programs.
- Coordinate with Communication in publishing manual, guideline and success stories about the construction component of the project and the impact of World Vision intervention. Represent World Vision in meetings on request of the project manager with JVA and other relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and review engineering designs, plans, specifications, cost estimates and recommendations for the projects in addition to perform design tasks, prepare bid documents including drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables, in a close coordination with supervision from project manager.
- Perform assignments in the analysis and design of Dam protection methods and being capable of making sound engineering decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Serves as a technical resource in assigned technical area; provides technical advice to the junior infrastructure engineer. Oversees and supervise employees engaged in day-to-day activities. as-needed labor or volunteers,
- Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- at least 6 years of full-time technical & professional experience in civil engineering work industry
- University degree in Civil engineering, infrastructure engineering or any related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Positive and energetic attitude with "can do" mentality and willingness to perform highly demanding as well as menial tasks with equal zeal and enthusiasm
- Location – the individual will need to be on-site (Kufranja Dam) throughout the life of the project
- Ability to foster a good team spirit.
- experience in supervising gabions wall, check dams, drop structure construction, soil erosion & any protection technique that were subject to dam protection permit requirements.
- Being aware about any new techniques can be implemented within damp protection & soil erosion
- Applying engineering knowledge to identify the catchment area
- Ability to use civil engineering software’s such as (AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D, Prokon, ETABS…etc)