Senior Internal Auditor
Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Closing Date for Applications:
The role is responsible for executing IsDB’s Operations audit plans to ascertain that operational results are consistent with the Management’s relevant plans and in compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and legal agreements. Moreover, the role identifies potential risks and existing control tools or proposes new ones to prevent or mitigate the risk impact on the business results.
Delivering Operations Audit Activities:
- Participate in the preparation of the yearly Operations Audit plan and collaborates with the audit team to plan and develop operations related audit activities.
- Implement the audit plans by examining and reconciling documentation, reports, statements, records, and memos to gather all the needed information to ensure IsDB departments and employees complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examine and evaluate processes and internal controls in IsDB’s Operations units in the headquarters (lending, trade financing, etc.) to ascertain whether operational results are consistent with the Management’s relevant plans and check compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and legal agreements.
- Determine whether appropriate risk management processes are in place, adequate and effective, and recommend improvements.
- Ensure the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the relevant functions and senior management.
- Provide recommendations to IsDB Management (based on the findings of internal audits) and discusses impact of risk related areas.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud, where necessary.
- Assist in any special audit assignments or investigations mandated by the management.
- Ensure effective implementation and adherence to policies, procedures and controls so that all relevant procedural / professional requirements are fulfilled.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments, regulations and leading practices in the field and propose any necessary actions.
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Commerce/ Business Management or related discipline
- Professional certification
- Professional qualifications such as CA,ACCA, CPA.
- Certified Internal Auditor CIA mandatory (Preferred).
- Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in audit or internal audit, in large organizations or audit firms
SKILLS & NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE:
- Audit operations.
- Audit methodologies and processes.
- Corporate Governance.
- Internal Control and Compliance.
- Information Systems Audit.
- Fraud and corruption detection and investigation.
- Building Relationships.
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness.
- Motivation to Learn and Share.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (ACL, Process mining tools, Power-BI).
- Report Writing.
- MS Office.