Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The WBG Finance & Accounting Vice Presidency (WFA) is responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting and internal control framework for the IBRD, IDA and the extensive Trust Fund/Partnership portfolio of these entities. WFA comprises the following functions: Financial Instruments Accounting and Valuation; Loan and Trust Fund Operations; Global Expense services; Financial Reporting; Accounting Policy; Documentation and Communication; Advisory Services; and Operational Risks and Controls. WFA also provides financial and accounting services to IFC in several areas including controllership and budget and planning functions. These units collectively include approximately 450 staff, of which 100 are in Washington, D.C. with the remainder in regional offices including the largest in Chennai, India.
WFA has a large foot print in Chennai (WFACO) with about 300 staff, supervised by 6 senior team leads and supported by 25 team leads. Functionally, the Senior team leads report to Managers of their respective units in Washington, DC; administratively, they report to the WFA Chennai Manager, who has cross-cutting responsibilities for WFA Chennai and some functional responsibilities.
Ask Accounting (WFAAN) is located in Chennai, and reports directly to the Manager, WFA Chennai ( WFACO).
AskAccounting (WFAAN) performs these core functions:
- Client Support on queries related to accounts payable, travel, requesting and paying for goods and services, payroll, accounts receivables, tax, country office imprest accounting, IFC budget, leave and attendance recording system (LARS) and vendor master records.
- Change management Support involving communication and training to support WBG-wide roll out of new initiatives.
- Documentation for the global expense services website and communication to RM family, transaction specialists (TSps) and task team leaders (TTLs)
- Transaction Support including – 1) Transaction Specialist Portfolio (TSp Portfolio) provides learning, accreditation and outreach support to TSps. 2) Global travel card credit limit administration.
- Vendor Call Backs requesting confirmation from vendors on requests to change banking information
WFAAN is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Senior Knowledge Management Officer to lead the team. The candidate should be willing to work night shifts and be flexible to change shifts based on business requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities :
The Senior Knowledge Management Officer is based in Chennai, reports directly to the Manager-WFACO, and will be responsible for the following –
Work program Delivery
- Supervise and lead the operations of Ask Accounting and other helpdesks within the responsibility of the Ask Accounting team, including but not limited to client support through emails, telephony self - service portals, to provide best in class services to internal and external clients.
- Closely monitor performance metrics and take action to deliver services at or above relevant industry benchmarks.
- Ensure the Ask Accounting website is continuously improved and documentation is maintained up to date so as to provide excellent self-service opportunities to clients. In this context, develop and maintain documentation competencies within the team.
- Ensure that all communication to clients and stakeholders are done on timely basis at required levels of quality
- Supervise other Ask Accounting related work program, including the vendor call back confirmation, transaction specialist accreditations, and transaction support.
- Lead /Support projects and initiatives for the Division/ Department/ VPU and Institution. Develop project management and change management capabilities within the team to support large Departmental and Institutional projects.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve AskAccounting processes and provide innovative solutions. Encourage team and work with others to discover, incubate and implement novel solutions, leveraging latest technology and data analytics. Proactively lead and plan local implementation of changes in AskAccounting processes and systems.
- Lead and Supervise WFAAN team members, including performance management; providing timely feedback, coaching, and mentoring support to the team to achieve desired outcomes and build a strong team.
- Identify training needs, soft skills and technical, and work with WFA training coordinators and manager to help skill the team adequately, keeping in mind the future needs of the Division
- Ensure that the team is adequately resourced and trained to deliver best in class services, through timely recruitment, cross-training and appropriate deployment to meet client servicing needs across time zones.
- Collaborate closely with corporate expenses team members in HQ and Chennai and across VPU units, to share client feedback, to disseminate trend analysis and to work towards innovative solutions for client problems, and to identify process improvement, automation, and streamlining opportunities.
- Actively engage with clients at various levels, to proactively understand client needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Post Graduate Degree in any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience of which a minimum of 10 years in managing helpdesk/ client servicing operations in a large organization. Prior experience of managing teams in shift operations and global clients will be a plus.
- Strong team leading and conflict resolution capabilities
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills; commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; problem solver.
- Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests
- Good project management capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highest ethical standards.
Key Competencies – the preferred candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication: communicate to effectively share and exchange information. Able to listen actively, obtain necessary input, share ideas, speak persuasively, and convey information in a clear, objective, and concise manner.
- Collaboration within teams and across boundaries: collaborate and work with others across and outside of the World Bank Group in order to achieve the best results for clients; maintain a WBG corporate mindset above an individual or team perspective.
- Leadership and innovation: take initiative, and be persistent in their drive for results; seek opportunities to improve and find innovative solutions to problems; inspire and encourage others to have a positive attitude and impact; be able to adapt to changing circumstances, and be bold to increase the Bank’s Group’s effectiveness.
- Smart decision making: balance the need for making empirically-based sound decisions with a sense of urgency by making quick, timely, and relevant decisions; be good problem solvers.
- Client understanding and advising: strive to add value to clients in the business; understand the critical forces that shape clients’ needs.
- Results for clients: address the needs and challenges of clients; hold themselves accountable and take personal ownership for identifying and managing risks and delivering evidence-based results.
- Knowledge creation, application, and sharing: share their expertise; create and contribute to the WBG’s body of knowledge; and efficiently reflect and draw on lessons from colleagues; expand their professional networks in their areas of expertise.
- Broad business thinking: solicit information on WBG/VPU direction, goals and industry competitive environment to determine how own area can add value to the organization and to clients. Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals.
- Project management: plans, organizes, monitors and controls projects and tasks using appropriate tools, methodologies and processes.
- Analytical thinking: able to break down raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that in-turn clearly identify the issues at hand. Make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles and consider different approaches that are relevant to the decision making process.
- Policies and procedure: understand and apply relevant policies and procedures in executing responsibilities. Risks and controls: assess risks and maintain an effective and efficient internal control environment. Able to identify and assess risks, including identification of mitigating controls.
- Information technology and systems: utilize information technology to support business operations.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.