Senior Learning Development Associate
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Budapest, Hungary
Closing Date for Applications:
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- This job contributes to talent development approaches and activities The role contributes to and provides administrative support to any relevant corporate learning and development strategies and designing and delivering customized solutions for colleagues in functional areas, managers and leaders in order to improve performance and contribute to career pathways. In doing so this will contribute towards building a positive UNHCR learning culture. In addition, the incumbent might support the design and deliver of learning and development activities related to Bureaux and operational priorities.
- The incumbent also may supervise staff and supports the submission for the budget and activities under her/his responsibility. The job requires the incumbent to work both internally with the Divisions and Bureaux and in coordination with regional and field offices and external partners concerning capacity building and awareness raising activities to ensure appropriate cross-linkages of all UNHCR learning and development programmes with functional and management/leadership component.
- The incumbent may interact with external service providers ¿ consultants, printing and e-learning development companies, and other training providers and subject matter experts, in support of the unit¿s activities. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to the maintenance of learning materials and records, by supporting the work of other staff and consultants in order to maintain the quality and relevance of materials.
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the preparation of consultancy documents, internship contracts, and requests for acquiring goods and services in relation to delivering learning activities and programmes.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Support the training needs analysis, design and delivery, and evaluation of the Unit¿s learning programmes and events, including distance learning, e-learning, face-to-face workshop, Webinar sessions and other approaches. This includes administrative support in the selection of participants, managing the recording system for feedback on the work submitted, gathering permission for use of articles or book excerpts in learning materials, workshop logistics, etc.
- Support the effective coordination of training activities, jointly with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of written materials, guides, job aides, manuals, and on-line courses to be used for training/learning/staff development purposes. This can range from drafting and reviewing content for specific learning areas to quality review of the e-course developed by external vendors to liaising with the business counterparts to obtain the input or the approval for the new learning materials.
- Advise the Unit on technological aspects of learning initiatives using the available IT infrastructure.
- Contribute input on systems and procedure development.
- Co-facilitate/Manage workshops and webinars implemented by the Unit.
- Assist in the preparation of the unit¿s budget, monitoring of expenditure and processes the day-to-day transactions under the approved budget.
- Prepare consultancy contracts and/or internship documents, reports as required.
- Enter data into ERP, liaise with UNHCR sections to facilitate payments and prepare periodic unit expenditure reports and any other ad-hoc reports, as needed; compile statistics on the training activities, when required.
- Oversee and support the interactions of the Unit with external service providers and consultants, printing and production companies. (Offers, Request for Proposals/Quotes, Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Receipts, Reporting).
- Support travel and hotel reservations, travel authorization forms and assemble and dispatch information and training material required for the purpose of workshops and other learning activities.
- Ensure learning materials and programme information¿s are uploaded into the Learning Management System and communication tools including UNHCR¿s Intranet.
- May supervise general service category staff and/or interns.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G7 - 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable.
- (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Administration; Adult Education; Business Administration;
- Communication; Project Management; Human Resources;
- Human Rights; Information Management; International Development;
- International Law; Journalism; Logistics;
- Management; Organizational Development; Social Work;
- Politics; or other relevant field.
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in progressively responsible administrative functions, preferably related to administration, pedagogical activities and/or provision of training. Experience with an Enterprise Resource Management system.
- Prior exposure to functions related to office administration. Experience with distance learning and learning management software. Exposure to UNHCR specific learning/training activities. Familiarity with humanitarian operations, procedures and refugee issues.
- TR-Assessment of Learning Needs;
- TR-Organize Learning Activities;
- TR-Distance Learning/e-Learning/Blended Learning/Enhanced Technology Solutions;
- TR-Design, development and evaluation of learning activities;
- TR-Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone or similar or else);
- TR-Adult Education/Training;
- TR-Capacity Building;
- IT-Computer Literacy;
- IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software;
- RC-Experience with Track Record Management Systems;
- CO-Cross-cultural communication;
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.