About the Organization:
STiR Education is an international NGO that is addressing the moral and economic imperative that every child, everywhere, should have a teacher who cultivates the joy of lifelong learning. At a practical level, that means they support governments to reignite intrinsic motivation in teachers and local officials, through teacher networks. Their vision is a world where teachers love teaching and children love learning.
The Opportunity - Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation, Bengaluru
STIR is looking to hire a Senior Programme Manager based at Bangalore to lead our M&E work in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. As part of an international team this critical role will help STIR’s programme team evaluate and improve their impact. This fast paced role will use and conduct research and engage with new methods and technology to evaluate and improve STIR’s work.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Lead implementation of rapid learning cycle evaluations using a mixed-methods approach to thereby answer key learning questions focused on optimizing STIR’s impact and creating collaterals for sharing the learning internally and externally
- Design and implement rapid, rigorous qualitative and quantitative studies to answer specific learning questions focused on testing different impact levers
- Leverage existing system data as part of rapid learning cycles and develop specific tools (e.g. surveys, etc.) to deepen our understanding of what works to accelerate impact
- Develop termly, high-quality reports/presentations for internal and external stakeholders and shared key insights from rapid learning cycles to thereby enable improved evidence based decision making
- Raise the overall quality of DLs' and SPMs' to collect and use data as part of the monitoring process
- Train the program team to collect and use qualitative data as part of the monitoring process to collect, analyse and learn from their data on a regular basis
- Conduct regular trend analysis and work closely with programme and design teams on optimizing our internal and external monitoring approach
- Work closely with country lead on the implementation of external longitudinal study
- Collaborate with Country Lead, external evaluation partner, and other colleagues cross functionally on the design and implementation on longitudinal study to assess STiR’s impact.
- Ensure that learning effectively feeds into improvements in design and delivery and is shared back clearly with system partners.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in M&E, field experience
- Proficiency in English, Hindi and Kannada or Tamil
- Strong identification with STiR’s values
- Strong quantitative and qualitative evaluation skills
- Proficiency in at least Excel, Stata/SPSS, and a qualitative analysis platform (e.g. Nvivo)
- Proven experience striking the right balance between evaluation rigor and practical use of evidence
- Strategic, analytical and critical thinker