Senior Monitoring Specialist
IBTCI, Bogota, Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring Specialist for an upcoming USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), formerly OFDA/FFP, third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Bogota, Colombia for a regional project monitoring humanitarian assistance. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in the region.
This position is contingent upon award
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of the monitoring plan, data collection tools and other required deliverables.
- Provide supervisory duties and oversight of program technical (M&E) team.
- Conduct quality control and review for all M&E related products.
- Initiate and supervise overall data and detailed thread analysis under the overall supervision of the DCOP and under overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP).
- Lead overall formulation and calculation of the Outcome Monitoring Indicators (OMI) and Outcome Verification Indicators (OVI) in all targeted sites.
- Lead BHA Implementing Partner (IP) onboarding into the M&E system, including holding introductory meetings with IPs and preparation of IP award summaries and activity databases.
- In coordination with the Knowledge and Information Management team, ensure all raw site visit data and associated implementing partner documentation is appropriately and systematically filed electronically on shared filing systems.
- Partner with the DCOP to design Site Visit Tools and Protocols, Monitoring Plan and Monitoring Schedule, and other annual project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the DCOP to sample and select sites.
- In coordination with the DCOP and Learning Specialist, develop and deliver field monitor training and capacity building.
- Contribute to the development of content for external workshops, final presentations, IP workshops and external trainings.
- Provide overall technical direction to the team on monitoring methodology and data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- At least 10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of international development and humanitarian projects, including experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and successful report writing, research, and publications.
- Experience with USAID project funding, sub-contracting and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations, especially in the field of humanitarian assistance.
- Proven experience managing the quality and consistency of a team of writers or researchers.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required.
Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of monitoring principles.
- Demonstrated experience assigning, coordinating and managing tasks for a team of writers or researchers.
- Must be detail-orientated and able to meet assigned deadlines in a timely manner.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID BHA (OFDA/FFP)-funded program is desirable.