Senior Personnel Admin Assistant
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Budapest, Hungary
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
- Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
PROCEDURES AND ELIGIBILITY
- Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
- The Senior Personnel Administration Assistant is a member of the Personnel Administration Section (PAS), within HR Staff Services in Budapest. The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Personnel Administration Officer (PAO), or a senior staff member within the sub-unit designated by the PAO. The incumbent works on regular assignments under the close supervision of the supervisor who provides general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. S/he will be working in a working environment in which various personnel administration issues will be discussed and actions initiated. The confidentiality of all personnel matters and the need to deal with clients in a courteous and efficient manner are salient features of this position.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Ensure adherence to rules & regulations and standard operational procedures as per established policies.
- Administer HR processes, benefits and entitlements for internationally recruited staff, and for locally recruited staff at Headquarters Geneva within a designated Bureau/Division, applying the UN Staff Rules and Regulations so as to ensure uniform and consistent application of HR and administrative rules and procedures.
- Advise staff members on their eligibility for benefits and entitlements within their respective conditions of employment.
- Ensure that staff personnel data are correctly entered in the MSRP Human Resources IT module. Upon verification and analysis of data, request senior colleagues to take appropriate actions, if required.
- Maintain effective and cordial working relationships with UNHCR staff members and other counterparts within the Organization as well as outside in order to ensure implementation of required action(s), observing discretion, due confidentiality and courtesy in all his/her dealings.
- Maintain the personnel records and follow up on issues between UNHCR Offices and PAS with a view to ensuring accurate and timely responses are given at all times.
- Stay abreast of policy developments and application of administrative/HR procedures on Personnel/Human Resources issues so that appropriate responses can be provided on various queries received from the staff members and managers.
- Prepare payments/disbursements/statutory claims due to UNHCR staff members and other clients, as per established UNHCR administrative/finance rules and other official issuances.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- IT-ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Functional Knowledge;
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures;
- UN-UN/UNHCR Human Resources Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures;
- IT-PeopleSoft Applications;
- EX-Experience in international organization (United Nations or similar);
- HR-Administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN;
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.