Senior Program Associate
IRC, Wichita, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Sr. Program Specialist is responsible for supporting the implementation of a portfolio of economic empowerment programs. He/she is responsible for processing programmatic information submitted to Kansas Office of Refugees (KSOR), conducting real-time review on that information and ensuring data is entered into the database in a timely manner. He/she provides critical support in assisting with the maintenance of program forms and materials, as well as drafting portions of donor reports. The Sr. Program Specialist supports the management of KSOR’s Americorps*VISTA and Americorps programs. He/she supports KSOR’s grant writing efforts. This position reports to the Program Manager, will work closely with other KSOR staff as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process all forms and case memos submitted by implementing partners for focus programs and enter data in database through direct data entry and batch uploads.
- Conduct on-site case file review and serve as a part of the monitoring team, sharing responsibility for monitoring program activities; draft sections of case file review and monitoring reports.
- Conduct real time desk monitoring of key sub-grantee activities for focus programs. Immediately raise all compliance concerns with Program Manager.
- Conduct regular review of KSOR website to ensure that all latest program forms and webinar trainings are available; ensure that all new employees of KSOR and grantees have appropriate access to the google drive.
- Draft content for donor reports.
- Update procedural manuals and program forms in focus program areas.
- Develop and deliver interactive webinars and trainings designed to improve grantee implementation of focus programs.
- Assist with planning and logistics of KSOR training for public and private stakeholders .
- Participate in Community Forums and assist with planning and logistics for corresponding community meetings on themes related to programmatic areas.
- Assist in updating annual pre-service questionnaires and program reporting templates.
- Participate in team review of programmatic information submitted to KSOR by grantees and perspective grantees prior to funding.
- Assist with developing the KSOR Annual Outcomes Goal Plan, KSOR Annual Service Plan and Annual ORR-5 client report.
- Serve as KSOR’s primary point of contact for its AmeriCorps*VISTA and AmeriCorps programs, including developing internal KSOR protocols for program management, coordinating internal and external program partners, supporting recruitment, continuation proposals and CNCS reporting efforts.
- Coordinate with KSOR staff and relevant stakeholders to support the development of KSOR grant proposals.
- Share responsibility for office-wide administrative duties.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferred
- 2+ years professional experience
- Previous experience working in a non-profit or social service agency environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, cloud-based applications, design programs and databases
- Ability to effectively deliver both on-site and virtual/remote technical assistance to a diverse and cross-cultural audience
- A history of successful grant writing
- Solid organizational, prioritization, and time management skills required
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment and independently, and to meet unexpected demands.