Senior Program Development Advisor
IRC, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Program (Business) Development Advisor will lead IRC’s new business development efforts by engaging with global, regional, country, and technical staff throughout the business development cycle from opportunity tracking and capture planning to proposal development, and submission. The SPDA will primarily serve as proposal manager, s/he will also offer technical assistance and mentor staff working on proposals on relevant business development topics. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leading large-scale and complex new business efforts in international development with particular emphasis on USG (USAID, CDC, and MCC) and European donors.
- Manage proposals from solicitation release to submission ensuring compliance with donor rules and IRC’s business development processes and practices.
- Prepare proposal (or concept note) development plan, consolidate bid assessments and processing approvals, facilitate strategy meetings, ensure quality assurance processes through color team reviews and develop non-technical sections of the proposal (management plan, capability statements, etc.).
- Manage relationships with proposal partners and liaises with IRC’s Recruitment department to secure key personnel.
- Collaborates with IRC’s pricing team, ensuring technical vs. budget consistency.
- Manage capture from opportunity identification to solicitation release including developing capture plan and coordinating the capture team to complete milestones.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of USG, DFID, EU, and other donor funding priorities in geographical interests relevant to IRC’s area of work and provide guidance to country, regional, and technical teams.
- Build and strengthen relationships with internal stakeholders (HQ-based regional and technical units, as well as IRC country offices) as well as with donor representatives, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to, and model the use of standardized business development processes, tools, templates and information.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (preferred), including international relations, political science, public administration, and communications or other related field.
- Seven years plus of experience developing funding proposals.
- Experience working with USAID, DFID, EU institutions, and/or other European donors.
- Substantial experience and a successful track record leading large proposal teams on complex subject, multi-year, multi-partner proposals with minimal supervision.
- Subject-matter expertise and experience writing technical proposals in a sector relevant to IRC is a plus (e.g. health, education, governance, WASH, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication; able to convey complex concepts clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate equally effectively with colleagues in ‘remote’ and diverse teams, including as team leader for proposals; outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships in a multicultural environment;
- The ability to work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment and independently and ability to meet unexpected demands, prioritize and multi-task;
- Ability to travel internationally (up to 20% of time);
- Familiarity with graphic design software, data visualization, infographics, etc. is a plus.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in at least one other language (French, Arabic and/or Spanish) is a plus