OFFER is a philanthropic organization in India, based in Calicut with national office in Delhi working in a most innovative way, for the social, educational and financial upliftment/development of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities. OFFER is a company registered under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860.
OFFER is a Principle implementing partner of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) in India and the position is responsible for IRW funded projects and programmes only.
OFFER is an equal opportunities employer. OFFER encourages people from all faiths to apply. We strongly encourage candidates from minority/SC/ST/women background to apply. OFFER does not discriminate candidates based on caste/religion/ethnicity /gender in its recruitment. People from all faiths work with OFFER.
The Senior Programme Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and manage the child welfare and seasonal programme through developing effective thematic /programme strategy, which reflects global and national strategic priorities of Islamic Relief funded projects. The incumbent will also contribute in the implementation and resource mobilisation for various projects across the country for similar programmes.
- Lead Child Welfare and seasonal programmes in the region and manage partnerships, also strategically support other thematic programmes as directed by HoP.
- Prepare work plan, clear objectives and log frame of the projects.
- To take lead in knowledge generation by collating and analysing programme and financial data and to draw out trends and lessons from various partners and projects.
- Build networks and linkages with organisations/ partners to identify geographical areas of intervention.
- Develop partnerships and joint advocacy campaigns with research institutes, other civil society networks and GoI departments.
- To ensure programmes are implemented, reviewed, regularly monitored and evaluated in consultative and participatory manner.
- Produce high quality donor reports according to the donor and HQ requirements.
- Identifying funding opportunities and building partnership and linkages with institutional donors, foundations, UN, multilaterals government and corporates.
- To be closely involved in budget preparation, submission and follow-up for child welfare projects and ensure that the quality of proposals and budgets consider value for money and work closely with finance department to review the financial reports.
- Ensure reporting team is trained and coached to meet the programme objectives, and regular performance reviews are in place.
- Ensure that programme design and implementation is consistent with OFFER-IR’s quality and accountability standards, emergency guidelines and protocols, the Core Humanitarian Standard and that work meets Sphere Standards and other external quality commitments.
- Strictly complies to and promotes Child Protection and Safeguarding policies of the organization.
CHILD WELFARE PROGRAM
- Ensure that country annual work plans based on Global IR Child welfare programme are developed and implemented.
- Develop, manage and report on the orphan’s one-to-one sponsorship programme, ensuring programme is run in accordance with the orphan’s policy and procedures.
- Expand orphan sponsorship and other alternate community-based programmes based on strategic and geographical priorities.
- Ensure Alyateem systems are reviewed, updated and progress reports are generated as per the requirements.
- Communicate with Orphan sponsorship coordinator at IRW Desk for any queries directly or via HoP as per the ground requirement.
- In close cooperation with Orphan Sponsorship Coordinator, streamline the existing program before uploading new orphans subject to donor special request.
- Monitor ODS budget and make sure spending are as per budget
SEASONAL PROGRAMME/ HUMANITARIAN PROGRAMME
- In the event of a humanitarian disaster, undertake special visits and assignments, participate in planning and implementation of relief and long-term rehabilitation programmes.
- Plan and carry out food distribution as per organisational requirements to the most marginalised communities.
- Any other tasks assigned by HoP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate education in Development, Social Work or related studies with minimum 7-10 years of working experience.
- Prior experience of sponsorship-based programme management will be an added benefit.
- Mature understanding of development and humanitarian issues, especially those related to poverty alleviation, education, Livelihoods, WASH, climate change and migration.
- Proven experience of proposal writing and donor management.
- Proven experience of partnership management, tracking budgets, effective and quality reporting.
- Proven experience of policy analysis and advocacy work and ability to negotiate and agree policy positions amongst different stakeholders.
- Proven multi-state experience and knowledge of development and humanitarian issues in India and broader South Asia, with an ability to draw on globally context.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a complex institutional setting.
- Excellent communication skills for lobbying and media work. Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner.
- Proven record of development of staff and partners programme implementation, advocacy and policy skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and ability to work well, flexibly, multi-disciplinary teams based at different locations.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrated competencies in fund raising, financial management of budgets and reporting.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and proven commitment to and evidence of promoting gender and diversity equity.
- Commitment to organisational values and mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential. Fluency in one or more regional languages.
- Ability to undertake significant amount of unaccompanied travel.
- Willingness to be deployed on humanitarian operations in short notice.
- Ability to travel within country and abroad as required