Senior Quantitative Researcher
Outline India, Gurgaon, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Outline India is a research firm focusing on data collection and geared towards evidence-based decision making. They are committed to strengthening the design of programs and interventions by conducting needs assessments, formative research, and monitoring and evaluation studies. Outline India focuses on catalyzing the work of academics, think tanks, corporate social responsibility arms, not for profits, funders and the Indian Government.
Position: Senior Quantitative Researcher
- Reporting and working closely with the team at Outline India, the senior quantitative researcher will be engaging primarily in enforcing quantitative methodologies and implementing survey tools on digital platforms, training field teams and ensuring field surveys are planned and implemented in a structured manner.
- Development and deployment of survey tools using CAPI programs like Survey CTO.
- Review of survey tools received from the client and translation of the same.
- Assist the research team in developing training material for the field team.
- Management and monitoring of datasets on a regular basis.
- Data cleaning.
- Training field team on the usage of CAPI on tablets.
- Coordination with the field team to ensure quality data checks.
- Quantitative analysis.
- Planning for field surveys.
- Budgeting for field surveys.
- Secondary research and sampling for proposals.
- Oversee daily data collection activities and ensure adherence to data quality protocols, including data quality audits and frequency checks provide logistical support to the team as and when required.
- Travel to the field for the purpose of training and monitoring fieldwork.
- Assist in writing field reports.
- Master's Degree in Economics or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative methods of data collection and the ability to analyze data.
- Fluency in English and Hindi (knowledge of any other regional language will be valuable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in using digital data collection platforms.
- The experience of working with STATA is mandatory.
- Familiarity with Quantitative software packages (e.g. SPSS, R).
- Candidates having prior fieldwork experience will be given preference.
- Professional experience in M&E in project-based settings.
- Experience of working with National/ International NGOs/ UN Bodies/Government/start-ups will be valued.