Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- To coordinate and provide support for the implementation of regional cooperation and integration (RCI) activities of SARD in South Asia, including RCI lending/grant and technical assistance projects/programs. To mainstream the RCI dimensions of CPSs and COBPs for SARD DMCs in line with the priorities of SASEC, SAARC, and BIMSTEC and the MTR of Strategy 2020. To plan, prepare, and implement SASEC trade facilitation activities, including those supported by loans/grants and/or TAs. To lead, design, and carry out RCI outreach and awareness raising activities and the development of the RCI knowledge portal. Work within general policies, principles and goals, having freedom to work with clients.
a. Regional Cooperation
- Assist ADB in playing the role of SASEC secretariat
- Assist in conceptualizing, formulating and implementing RCI strategies and programs, including sector strategies for trade facilitation.
- Take the lead in RCI outreach and awareness raising activities and the development of the trade portal.
- Participate in the annual country programming exercises to ensure RCI dimensions and projects are mainstreamed and incorporated.
b. Stakeholder Coordination
- Identify key issues to be addressed in ADB's policy dialogue on RCI, with special emphasis on trade facilitation.
- Assist in the coordination between regional/subregional cooperation and individual country operations, including the interface with individual country teams.
- Coordinate the activities of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) Program, South Asia Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) and Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC). (To include among others, supervision of the planning and preparation of meetings, participation in such meetings to further the RCI dialogue and identify subregional cooperation projects and programs, undertaking country consultations).
c. Project Management
- Oversee and guide the identification, design, processing and administration of RCI loans/grants and TAs, including those on trade facilitation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of all South Asia Regional Department's (SARD's) RCI RETAs.
d. Knowledge Sharing and Management
- Prepare technical notes, analytical assessments and working papers on RCI in South Asia.
- Develop and undertake the SASEC website and knowledge portal.
- Undertake and coordinate knowledge work on priority areas of RCI through the planned SASEC Knowledge Network.
- Coordinate with other SARC staff in developing RCI-related knowledge products, including those for economic corridor development or other second generation RCI areas.
- Contribute substantially to knowledge management activities of SARD.
e. Staff Supervision
- Lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure the overall quality of its work
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team and individuals and ensure their on-going learning and development
- Master's Degree, or equivalent, in related fields. University degree in related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience related to regional cooperation and/or development planning and policy formulation, implementation and coordination; International experience working in several countries.
- Familiarity with ADB's policies and procedures.
- Multi-developing country experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in several countries.