Senior Research & Strategic Planning Officer – Agriculture & Food Safety
UNOPS, Beijing, China
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Director, the responsibilities of the Senior Research & Strategic Planning Officer are as follow:
Lead the target industry positioning research and the development of the conceptual plan
- Strategic design and formulation of industry positioning research plan, setting specific goals and research standards for output;
- Takes lead of the conceptual plan development, and consolidating the findings of evaluations, prioritizing key programmatic and policy issues, and lead to conduct a series of studies useful to UNOPS and the stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities emerging from projects and partnership with governments and oversee ongoing in-depth research on the industry and products positioning;
- Develop guidelines, principles and quality assurance in the research processes.
Management of research team/work planning and risks
- Manage the routine research activities, such as programme documentation, progress reporting, work planning, outreach activities, event organization ;
- Foster a positive environment of highest standards and values in the research team and enables an environment of trust, transparency, fairness and diversity;
- Ensures team work results through effective communication, motivation and appropriate allocation of available resources;
- Ensures regular discussions on day-to-day business, performance or any matter of concern and manages the recruitment of personnel and effective and efficient succession.
Internal and partners' institutional capability enhancement;
- Prepare and conduct trainings for local government officials, Zone Operators and project team members to provide them with both information and tools on how to better work with relevant strategic partners;
- Develop web-based learning initiatives and systems to improve dissemination of tools, knowledge and advocacy materials;
- Promote and create space for innovation and innovative measures to strengthen the knowledge management and learning agenda;
Other activities or temporary assignments
- As assigned by the Project Director
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent)in Agriculture, Food Safety, Business Administration, Project Management, or other relevant discipline is required;
- First level University Degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in a combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master's Degree;
- A minimum of 5 years of research and strategic planning experience in agriculture, food safety and other related industries;
- Project management experience in either public or private sector organizations;
- Solid network in relevant industries to support research and outreach;
- Management Consultancy backgrounds is a plus;
- Working experience outside China is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin) is required.