Senior Technical Officer
FHI 360, Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
To provide technical support to implement high quality COVID-19 case management, intensive care and ventilator support activities as well as other clinical and public health services in assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Associate Director Special Projects, the STO provides technical leadership and support related to strategies and approaches for providing COVID-19 case management at all levels of care with a focus on intensive care and ventilator support.
- Work with other staff members of the Special Projects team to coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical and public health management of COVID-19 with an emphasis on intensive care and ventilator support.
- Develop learning programs (virtual and on-site) to build the capacity of service providers on COVID-19 case management and ventilator support.
- With Associate Director Special Project, develops guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical care and public health interventions in assigned projects.
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from assigned programs and projects and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represents FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical care and public health management of COVID-19 as well as other disease areas.
- Remains informed on current programs and best practices in the field of case management of COVID-19 and other related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Performs other strategic communication, private sector engagement and strategy development duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A multi-skilled person able to perform duties across different technical areas such as health program design, health program evaluation and strategic communication etc Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical care and public health management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical care and prevention of COVID-19 as well as other diseases
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding COVID-19
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- A Bachelors degree relevant to public health, social science, biostatistics, medicine with 7 years of progressive professional experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria is required.
- Experience in project development, proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training, and excellent communication skills required.
- A post graduate degree in a related field is essential.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.