Senior Technical Officer, Vaccine and Pharmaceutical Technologies
PATH, Seattle or Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
PATH’s Vaccine and Pharmaceutical Technologies (VPT) Group advances novel formulation, delivery, and cold chain technologies to serve the unmet medical needs of people in developing countries. The VPT Group is recruiting an experienced scientist to lead vaccine formulation projects through internal research and external collaborations. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific leadership and coordinate technical scopes of work for internal teams, ensuring achievement of project deliverables, production of quality data, compliance with internal and external regulations, adherence to established timelines, and availability of resources for projects.
- Effectively and proactively manage and communicate progresses, risks, challenges, and possible delays of the project activities to portfolio leader and other stakeholders.
- Lead technology transfer activities to commercial partners.
- Collaborate with vaccine development project teams at PATH.
- Serve as a technical liaison with external stakeholders.
- Serve as a performance leader and mentor for junior scientists.
- Prepare technical reports, journal articles, proposals, briefing documents, and presentations on relevant topics.
- Effective time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both writing and speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly motivational, listening, judgment, and analytic skills.
- Advanced degree (MD, Ph.D.) in biological, analytical, or chemical sciences, with at least 10 years of industrial experience in research and development of vaccines or other biological products. Expert-knowledge and working experience in adjuvants, liquid, and lyophilized formulation development. Working experience in process development and scaling-up, analytical and biological assays (ELISA, tissue culture, virus titration, bacterial titration), and formal stability studies desired
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.