Senior Treasury Assistant (FX & Investment Settlements)
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- To undertake activities relating to settlement of ADB's investment transactions, perform related cash control functions, and provide analytical support for the investment back office functions.
Processing, Settlement and Related Cash Control
- Ensures that action is taken to enable funds and securities to be transferred in a timely and accurate manner to/from ADB's cash/custody accounts. Checks that amounts to be paid or received by ADB are accurately computed and in conformity with the practices of each market. Investigates discrepancy items and errors and initiates action to rectify them.
- Ensures that securities purchased are received and that the confirmation details are correct based on ISIN or CUSIP numbers. Ensures that securities purchased are kept in custody in the correct account with the appropriate custodian of ADB. Checks that coupon interest is received on time in an appropriate account.
- Prepares authenticated SWIFT messages/telex instructions to all concerned parties to ensure that funds are remitted to/received from an appropriate cash account in a timely manner. Ensures that instructions are sent in a timely manner for the full/partial rollover of ADB's time deposits at maturity. Ensures the timely collection of interest earned on matured deposits.
- Ensures that all relevant records and data bases are kept up to date in PAM and IBOS. Ensures the timely retrieval and filing of data on newly issued securities, as extracted from EUCLID.
- Performs any other duties as required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
- Bachelor’s degree in banking, finance, business administration or other related disciplines
- At least 5 years relevant experience, preferably being familiar with international payment systems, treasury investment functions, and international capital markets
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant treasury procedures, guidelines and standards
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to interact with other work areas within ADB and counterparties (banks, dealers) world-wide
- Solid numerical ability
- Proficient in ADB standard software programs and information technologies
People and leadership skills
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English