Senior Treasury Officer
Asian Development Bank(ADB), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
- To provide advanced analytical and organizational expertise to support the systems used by the Treasury Department (TD) and to provide the best level of service to the end users in ADB;
- determine the impacts to operational procedures and daily systems support to ensure smooth implementation of new investment strategies and related systems; manage relevant software applications;
- introduce changes necessary to increase the overall efficiency of treasury operations;
- ensure the integrity of market data inventories from external third-party providers;
- define work procedures;
- and prepare budget, work programs and responses to various administrative inquiries.
System Management and Application Development
- Supervises information technology staff and technical contractors participating in various Departmental IT initiatives such as, large-scale software implementation projects, in-house financial application development, data warehouse reporting and analytics and various other IT projects.
- Participates in the enhancement and maintenance of TD-wide computer applications used by Investments and Funding Divisions.
- Coordinate with the various stakeholders including the internal (e.g. end users from TD / Office of Risk Management / Controller's Department [CTL], Office of Information Systems and Technology [OIST]) and external ones (e.g. vendors)
- Coordinates disaster recovery planning and testing relative to TD’s financial applications.
- Maintains applicable test plan documentation, user access lists and other pertinent information required to carry out business continuity plans.
- Oversees system administration of TD-wide financial applications and provides guidance and support for administration of other information systems used by the division and the department.
- Responsible for administration of the iFIRST (internal name for Misys Summit software package for front to back office operations), including maintenance and creation/update of user profiles, market data and other critical reference data required by the applications; acts as iFIRST user coordination advisor for TD when liaising with the various stakeholders.
- Ensures Integrity of Market Data Inventories and Administration of System Access Rights.
New Investment Strategies and Procedures
- Coordinates with Investments Division (TDID) on the research and analysis of implications of new investment techniques/strategies to back-office and operational infrastructure of Treasury Services Division (TDTS) by evaluating their pros and cons within the context of their application to ADB operations; identifying the start-up requirements (including staffing); and preparing reports on findings and recommendations.
- Conducts simulated transactions with ADB's counterparts in new products so as to gain detailed knowledge and experience on implementation, measurement and monitoring procedures and techniques.
- Selects benchmarks, assists portfolio managers in setting up paper trades, assists staff in generating relevant position management reports; coordinates with other TD divisions and CTL in identifying appropriate accounting procedures, works with OIST to ensure appropriate computer applications; and provides training and technical advice to staff.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Prepares operational manuals, develops functional specifications for systems development and designs appropriate forms required for the application of new financial techniques and procedures.
Budget and Work Programs
- Assists in review of TDTS annual budget and work plans/programs by analyzing the division needs, justifications and utilization and by taking into account ADB's overall strategic framework, key result areas and the planned and proposed projects to be undertaken by the division.
- Assists in preparation of responses to queries from Management, other departments and external parties (e.g. other MDBs, consultant candidates and vendors) on systems-related matters. Performs and/or arranges the performance of any other operational or administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Finance or Accounting preferably with Master's Degree or equivalent
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level,
- At least 10 years experience; preferably more than 15 years IT work experience in international banking operations, practices and systems implementation; exposure to investment or borrowing operations and in financial research and analysis; and at least 5 years of supervisory experience,
- Knowledge of Misys Summit software package,
- Knowledge of ADB IT architecture relating to Misys Summit and other systems used in Treasury
- Business knowledge of treasury operations covering areas such as financial markets, pricing of instruments, market data, accounting, settlement, life cycle, audit, access rights,
- Knowledge of functions and responsibilities of financial international organizations, with particular reference to treasury functions and central bank operations,
- Experience in operating terminals and computer software with the ability to diagnose system problems.
- Project management and team coordination,
- Manage relationship with various stakeholders and
- Communication and presentation to a wide audience.