Silo Management Specialists
CTG Global , Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
CTG is looking to build our talent pool / roster for Silo Management Specialists in connections with a potential project going live in East Africa. This project is related to food & livelihood. Although the role is being actively advertised, this is not a live requirement at the moment.
- To coordinate & support daily silo operations including receipt / dispatch, verification & safeguarding of commodities.
- Managing accountability of stock inventory in order to maximise operational quality & to mitigate losses.
- Ensuring well organised silo & transport services as well as best storage management practices in compliance with our client’s guidelines & standards.
- Perform ad hoc visits to the silo / farm / warehouse etc. as arranged by management to ensure standards are adhered to.
- Ensure adequate & efficient transfer & offloading planning.
- Ensure receipt, transfer, sampling, testing, grading raw materials is conducted correctly.
- Ensure that raw products comply with standard requirements.
- Prepare, conduct & track pest control actions & inspections.
- Plan & order required remedies & equipment.
- Manage the storage of, usage & disposal of all remedies & PPE.
- Ensure that all consignments of raw materials are sampled & inspected for infestation.
- Ensure that all returns, whether internally or externally is thoroughly inspected for any sign of infestation & that the remedial actions is taken as required.
- Ensure effective rodent, cat & bird control.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant environmental legislation.
- Ensure compliance to all company OHS & environmental policies.
- Create, use track & control documents to ensure productivity & effective food, safety & quality management.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 4 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Completion of secondary school supplemented by a post-secondary certification in the related functional area is mandatory.
- Good working knowledge in both oral & written communication in English languages.
- At 4 years' experience in logistics, warehouse management or related fields.
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food & non food items as well as experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.