Job holders report to the Senior Administration Associate or the designate and is to follow established standard procedures to carry out routine site maintenance tasks. The incumbent need to work under close guidance and receive clear instructions and feedback on work outputs from the supervisor. The job may require a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions wearing protective clothing. This job is based in Country Office of WFP in New Delhi, India. The incumbent reports to the Senior Administration Associate or the designate under the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director.
To perform routine site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment at WFP Country Office in New Delhi, India. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office as and when required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administration Associate and the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide basic site maintenance and installation work (e.g. generators, water pumps, photocopiers, heaters, etc.) including basic site repairs, ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Provide portering and electrician services (e.g. moving assets, reorganizing/installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, checking fire alarm, public address systems, and other office equipment’s etc.), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
- Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database and assist in arranging disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines.
- Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting.
- Filing of related administration, security etc. documents and provide basic administrative support in providing smooth functioning of office systems
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: At least two (2) or more years of work experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
Experience preferred in working with International Organisations/Diplomatic Mission.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Hindi. Be able to understand and communicate in working English, when needed.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of electrical setups in offices and simple machine operations;
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order;
- Knowledge of safety precautions;
- High sense of responsibility and punctuality;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.