Manages social insights, reporting or social analytics. This includes providing insights on how RBC social media channels are performing and suggestions on how to improve from there. This role also includes community management and involvement in crisis communication.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Strong awareness of social media platforms and content formats
- Good writing and editing skills
- Demonstrate ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships with communications colleagues
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Social Media Metrics, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Extract reports from and manage social media metrics tools
- Putting systems in place to record, measure, and analyse social media metrics from WFP’s social media channels
- Report on all metrics and data related to social media. This includes maintaining the social media dashboard, social media ROI sheet, the screens in the office, data visualization and providing metrics and reports on regular basis and when requested
- Track all the social media data on a day-to-day basis including channel growth and posts performance
Social Media Metrics (Cont'd)
- Staying on top of social media analytics changes, trends and tools.
- Qualitative analysis of social media data to provide actionable insights and make recommendations to the team based on these insights
- Work with the social media team to provide actionable insights and make recommendations to the team based on these insights
- Monitor the WFP brand and relevant news and social media mentions, and conversations related to the region and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Escalating any issues in a timely fashion, liaising with different departments for community management of their specific social media engagements
- Implementing strategies to encourage engagement and grow our communities
- Monitor and participate in relevant conversations
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases
- Respond to specialised queries and requests for support
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement improvements to social media methods and practices
- Under guidance, prepare content for use on social media platforms and networks
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Media and Influencer Relationship Management Demonstrates ability to respond to and/or escalate needs of media and influencers within own scope of responsibility to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims.
- Media and Communication Expertise Collates accurate and timely information presented in required format (i.e. written or visual materials) as well as verbally, to enable information flows and informed decision making on communications issues.
- Specialised Knowledge in Communications Exhibits specalised technical knowledge of communications channels processes, tools and techniques. In immediate area of responsibility, provides support in developing written, visual, audio and multi-media content for communications materials and suggestions for improved communications processes.
- Sociopolitical Contextual Understanding Shows awareness of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which WFP operates which informs approach to daily tasks.
- Communication Strategy and Planning Demonstrates sound understanding of WFP communications strategy and effectively implements tailored media and communications plans which support the delivery of the strategy.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor degree in communications, PR, Journalism, or related field
Language: Spoken and written English and Arabic
Experience: At least 4 years of experience in the social media field.