Social Policy Specialist
United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Management of the CCTE Programme for Refugees
- Manages and coordinates technical support on social protection, ensuring that CCTE is well planned, monitored, and implemented in a timely fashion.
- Ensures risk analysis and risk mitigation are embedded into overall management, in close consultation with UNICEF programme sections, implementing partners and government counterparts.
- Oversees a team of 6 persons (within Social Policy Section) assigned to the CCTE Programme in order to realize the functions stated below:
- Core programme processes such as payment list verification and sweepback list verification are completed per established protocols and in coordination with MoFLSS and TRCS.
- Post-payment reconciliation processes are completed through analysis of bank reports on beneficiary accounts.
- Measures to be able to report on the number and profile of cumulative beneficiaries of the program are taken.
- Any issues in programme implementation or potential difficulties experienced by beneficiaries in accessing the programme are detected and resolved in coordination with MoFLSS, MoNE and TRCS.
- Budget for Result 1 of the CCTE Action (contract with donors) is utilized as intended and any changes/diversions are discussed and documented.
- PCA with TRCS for implementation of the programme (cash component) is managed, including timely financial transfers in line with PCA and HACT procedures.
Coordination of the CCTE Programme for Refugees
- Coordinates with Education Section on issues related to schools, public education centers, education databases and communication with education sector partners.
- Coordinates with Child Protection Section on partnership agreement with TRCS, monitoring of the CP component of the programme, and implementation of any programme activities that involve both components.
- Coordinates with Communication Section on the implementation of the Comms and Visibility Plan for the programme.
- Coordinates with the C4D Specialist on the implementation of the C4D strategy of the programme.
- Coordinates with PME Section on the monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- Coordinates with Programme Coordination and Budget Section on donor-related issues.
- Convenes relevant colleagues from all the above-mentioned sections every two weeks to discuss programme updates and priorities.
- Coordinates with relevant external partners as needed.
Strengthening Linkages with the National Social Protection System
- Ensures that the CCTE for Refugees remains aligned with the national CCTE programme.
- Ensures that learning from CCTE for Refugees supports improvements in the national CCTE programme (e.g. introduction of child protection component in national CCTE)
- Promotes strengthening of integrated, child-sensitive, shock-responsive social protection systems in Turkey.
Impact of Results
- The strategic and effective advocacy, planning and formulation of social protection programs/projects and the achievement of sustainable results, contributes to achievement of goals and objectives to create a protective environment for children. Achievements in social protection programs and projects contribute to maintaining/enhancing the credibility and ability of UNICEF to provide program services for children and families.
- To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education:Advanced university degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant disciplines is required
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience is required
- Experience in social protection programmes
- Experience working with refugees is an asset
Language Proficiency:Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.