Software Development Assistant
IOM, Berlin, Germany
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Create prototypes to confirm requirements, design, code, test, and deploy .NET
- Manage, maintain, optimize the performance, document, and support both existing and
- new .NET applications;
- Configure, administer, monitor, maintain, and manages the security of applications and
- Create, manage, and maintain database objects to be used for applications and reports;
- Implement software development procedures establishing source control, backup,
- recovery, and issue tracking using IOM standard tools;
- Respond promptly within accepted timeframes to application’s user support and
- enhancement requests ensuring continued operation of the said applications;
- Timely report needs and progress on issues in his/her area of responsibility;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and
- professional experience.
- A minimum of five years of increasing responsibilities in .NET software development
- (particularly on VB.NET, ASP.NET) with SQL Databases and a minimum of two years of
- experience in developing web-based database applications and thin-client Web-based
- Solid technical knowledge of SQL Server 2017 administration and programming, HTML,
- CSS, Java Script, ASP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, and/or C# and knowledge of XML and
- Knowledge of AWS Services, MongoDB, MySQL, NodeJS, ReactJS, SASS, Redux,
- Drupal, PHP, Web services, XML, SOAP and HTTP would be an advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and
- PowerPoint is required.
- Strong organizational skills including time management and consultancy skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and
- professional backgrounds;
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of other official IOM
- language or German is an advantage.