European Climate Foundation, Paris, France
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
The ECF’s is currently accepting applications for an enthusiastic and highly driven individual to join its team as a speechwriter & research assistant. The speechwriter will work closely with CEO Laurence Tubiana to support her speaking engagements and preparations for teaching classes, which will involve doing research and writing synthesis materials. This role is an exciting opportunity for a graduate / young professional with a sincere interest in climate and energy issues to deepen their knowledge and balance research and operational support at an exciting time for the ECF.
This position reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO.
- Conducting research on issues including climate science, international climate diplomacy, participative democracy, and other issues for the CEO;
- Prepare speaking notes for the CEO’s many high-level meetings and speaking engagements, working with relevant ECF teams;
- Research and drafting assistance for the CEO’s written pieces (op-eds, articles, book chapters, etc.);
- Helping the CEO to prepare for her classes, and general speaking and teaching preparation;
- Develop and manage a database of the CEO’s previous notes and speeches;
- Other ad hoc outreach and research tasks;
- Undertake other reasonable and related tasks, in discussion with the Chief of Staff.
Experience and competencies
- 2 – 5 years of experience;
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Fast-learning self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment;
- Professional experience or academic background in the fields of communications, energy or environmental issues or EU / international affairs;
- Superior French and English language skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently and in a team.