PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Platform & tool integration
- Quality & process refinement
- Innovation focus
The Sponsorship Production Operations Coordinator is a significant and emerging leadership role in the production of over 8 million digital and printed engagement features for child sponsors each year.
This forward-thinking, solutions-focused coordinator will lead the exploration, successful integration of platforms and tools and process refinement for the production workflow of 5+ annual publishing projects for 20+ countries with different requirements and language needs.
These projects leverage best-in-class design automation to produce mailed and digital annual reports, cards and letters to child sponsors in multiple language combinations, as well as new emerging bodies of work led by market insights and sponsor needs.
The Sponsorship Production Operations Coordinator will be integral to the end-to-end solution design, manage exploration, testing and implementation and effectiveness, as well as identify business technology needs and gaps, define requirements and work with internal partners and external vendors.
They will also be responsible for the quality assurance program and process refinement of the team’s production activities and workflows. This involves working with multiple stakeholders to assess needs and data, establish key performance standards, procedures and tools, test and model projects, and implement agreed, effective processes.
They will report to the Child Sponsorship Content Team’s Operations & Production Manager and will also lead their own small team of production coordinators and specialists to meet the production team technology needs.
The Sponsorship Production Operations Coordinator should be an effective OIC if the Operations & Production Manager is on leave. While this role requires strong knowledge of technological solutions, it is firmly based in business analysis and process refinement.
Mange successful and effective platform and tool integrations for a global publishing production team, ultimately helping child sponsors understand the impact they are making possible for children in poverty.
Oversee the quality assurance program of these projects and continually refine team processes.
Use best-in-class design automation and workflow management tools to achieve team goals.
Work with internal business partners and external vendors to meet platform/tool production needs.
Lead an effective small team of your own that’s focused on performance, staff care, regular feedback and a positive can-do culture.
Be comfortable and capable in an agile working environment with virtual team members in different locations and time zones.
Help improve processes, input into team strategy and be an integral part of the Child Sponsorship Content leadership team.
Be part of a fun, exciting content team that’s breaking new ground in how we develop and deliver impact communications to sponsors… helping sponsored child tell their stories and helping sponsors understand the impact they’re making possible for children in poverty.
- Lead the requirements gathering for platforms and tools to enhance production workflow process:
- Lead gap analysis and development of Business Requirement Definitions.
Identify, select and manage vendor platforms and tools for production workflow processes:
- Based on clearly defined business needs, create RFP and manage RFP process.
- Lead analysis and requirements assessment of vendor proposals.
- Manage vendor selection process, in consultation with Child Sponsorship Content Director and the Operations & Production Manager, as well as other relevant stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop super user knowledge for application production workflow and operations.
- Define requirements for workflow implementation, and any configuration needed.
Test and transition management of workflow platform and tools:
- Set up and configure existing and new platforms and tools.
- Test all platforms and tools ensuring readiness for production.
- Take over management of solutions from vendor(s).
- Monitor processes and performance (bugs, defects, enhancements).
- Maintain platforms and tools, upgrading and adapting as necessary to ensure function and fit for purpose.
- Clearly define and document vendor relationship and SLAs.
Lead and provide technical support and training to enable user success on all workflow platforms and tools:
- Lead and manage onboarding of operations team in the successful use of workflow and tools.
- Lead and manage development of required training and knowledge management materials for all technology solutions.
- Lead and provide training to users.
- Support staff to effectively and efficiently perform their duties, manage time and coverage, and meet work quality standards.
- Backstop staff and other team members as need to ensure Business Technology needs and standards are met at all times.
- Provide analysis and expert advice to Production Workflow Design, technology solutions identification, vendor requirements and options, and business implications of technology solutions and application.
- Manage and provide technical support for business technology needs.
- Continue to monitor business requirements and solution fit, updating, adapting, and adding solutions as needed to meet changing business needs.
Lead ongoing production quality assurance (QA) program to support quality outputs:
- Determine and agree in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assess user and customer requirements.
- Propose and secure agreement on user and customer service standards.
- Establish and implement a concise QA program for both child sponsorship and business performance including creation and roll-out of key performance indicators/metrics across production.
- Establish, implement and manage quality criteria and checks for child sponsorship data across all data requirements across all programs under production services prior to production merging.
- Support ongoing production services process design (across production services products) including gap analysis, optimisation, and design, with a lens on quality assurance.
Lead continuous improvement initiatives:
- Identify and implement data and user-accepted data tools needed to monitor, measure, and support production workflow.
- Develop and document requirements for the data and data tools, and consult with stakeholders and align dependencies.
- Provide necessary training on tools and processes.
- Provide necessary setup and configuration of tools and processes.
- Monitor production QA processes and identify gaps.
- Lead and coordinate data and tool testing.
- Validate workflow implementation.
- Provide ongoing data analysis and technical advice to Production teams to support effective workflow design and monitoring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, IT, Computer Engineering, Business Technology, Data Analytics or related field. (Diploma or training in these fields may be considered for candidates with highly applicable work experience.)
- Proven success managing business technology selection and development processes.
- Highly developed business process analysis skills.
- Strong capacity in business technology and solutions, with broad knowledge and understanding of business solution tools and platforms.
- Ability to monitor and support staff, including facilitating conflict resolution, representing staff needs to leadership, and providing peer support and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to objectively assess business needs and fit solutions to the specific business requirements.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office, Visio, Office Timeline, and IT platform required.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Proven expertise in data analysis and modelling.
- Proven success managing QA processes and projects.
- At least 4 years of experience in increasingly responsible business technology roles. (IT roles or other closely related experience may be considered if they involved a strong focus on business processes, platforms and operations.)
- At least 2 years of experience managing people.
- Experience coordinating technology RFP processes.
- In depth understanding of complex business processes.
- Knowledge of quality frameworks and experience in application of continuous improvement methodologies in operations.
- Fluent-level spoken and written English capacity.