Macfadden, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Macfadden is seeking an HR Coordinator to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), U.S Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance. Reporting directly to the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the recruitment, onboarding, and on site orientation of all program staff, and managing HR related matters concerning Macfadden’s USAID/OFDA staff. The HR Coordinator will share responsibility for accurate and compliant documentation for all program staff and consultants, including PII.
- Responsible for ensuring all staffing requirements are filled by the highest quality candidates.
- Ensure all employment documentation is accurate, compliant and processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy of all employee expenses and supporting documents.
- Maintain strong communication and professional relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Assist with managing performance reporting process for staff on-site.
- Support technical units with HR and recruitment needs.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Understand and execute the Macfadden recruitment process: assist in the development of position descriptions, facilitate the application process, arrange interviews, and provide information on positions to candidates.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to recruiting including maintaining files, answering hiring questions for candidates, and reporting on ongoing recruitments.
- The individual must be able to work closely with a variety of personality types, participate in public recruiting outreach efforts when requested, and possess exceptional oral and written communication skills (English).
- The individual will represent the company at external events and may be asked to identify qualified recruitment sources, networking leads, job fairs, conferences, and advertising resources to recruit and further expand the recruitment network.
- Ensures all employee onboarding documents are completed accurately and processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate orientation for new employees, and special presentations on benefits and other issues as needed.
- Maintains project staff database and SharePoint system for all staff documents.
- Process computer access forms for all new employees.
- Serve as the backup Deltek administrator adding charge codes to employee timesheets, and updating/editing employees charge trees.
- Register newly cleared employees for biweekly security clearance training.
- Review badge paperwork to ensure accuracy prior to submitting.
- Assist employees with any badge issues/security clearance matters and work with appropriate Macfadden and USAID staff to mitigate issues.
- Local travel may be required. Other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, or a related field.
Experience: At least 3-4 years working in an administrative role with some HR related responsibilities and experience. Must have experience handling and managing PII.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience recruiting staff and/or other HR management functions.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Must have a desire to learn. reliable, motivated, and committed to customer service.
- Experience working with the USG or government contractor.