Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is implementing an Oracle Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning system, called “Insight” within the agency. The web-based, real-time system will help to give more visibility and controls of daily operations. The Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) Unit is working closely with the Project Insight team, which leads the overall project and IT management of the roll-out, to implement Insight where it’s needed and to support and train CRS supply chain staff who will use the software.
We are looking for a Master Data Specialist to help us manage master data in the system, on behalf of our Country Programs (CPs). The Master Data Specialist will work with Country Programs to ensure timely updates to master data elements while ensuring that all edits and new entries follow the set MDM standards and system design. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring master data and module architecture remain sound by collecting data on relevant KPIs and reporting to the Master Data Manager on any identified areas of improvement.
This position requires an independent, self- motivated and analytical individual who can work with varying domestic and international stakeholders.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
S/he is responsible for ensuring the proper set-up and maintenance in the system. Specific tasks include:
- System Maintenance
- Helping CPs in the setup of inventory organizations, sub-inventories, and locators
- Maintaining item master, supplier master, beneficiary group master, reason code master, for all country programs in assigned region(s).
- Maintaining offline forms and systems.
- Providing back-up for report creation, process uploads, etc. for CPs facing connectivity issues.
- Performing different levels of testing (e.g., regression, smoke) to ensure that the SC modules perform as expected after updates are applied.
- Evaluating quarterly updates from Oracle and their potential business process impact on the SC modules within Insight, as well as making recommendations on the adoption of new features for SC.
- Providing day-to-day support on CP inquiries related to MDM for assigned region(s).
- Providing education to end-user on MDM standards, policies, and updates.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintains KPIs on system usage to pinpoint key areas of improvement by SCM users
- Performs analysis of SC performance indicators (KPI) evaluating the state of CRS supply chain for assigned regions/countries. Identifies and reports on key areas of improvement within supply chain based on KPI analysis. Creates dashboards and data visualizations that can be given to various CRS audiences, to be reported regularly to the Master Data Manager, as well as participating country programs.
- Under the direction of the Master Data Manager, helps to implement learning programs to help staff, successfully adopt and analyze SC KPIs. Provides continuous support to assigned regions and CPs on data collection and analysis.
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision.
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Enjoys performing day-to day operational tasks, but also thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment that requires responding to ad-hoc requests quickly.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supply chain experience is required.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management is required.
- Strong experience with ERP systems required.
- Ability to work in cross-regional and cross-functional teams, collaborate with all levels of management is required.
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours to support CPs globally.