Background information - ICT
The UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit is focused innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS ICT is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ICT’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
- In 2018 UNOPS began implementing G Suite in the organization. Starting with Drive/Docs/Sheets/Slides, Google+, Chat and Meet and now migrating the entire organization to Gmail and Calendar. Therefore we are looking for a System Support Associate with a G Suite speciality to provide global helpdesk support to UNOPS users. Alongside the helpdesk support, you will also perform periodic end-user training through different means - online, face-to-face or via video guidance. During the first many months you will be an integral part of the G Suite Adoption team, aiding the organisation in adopting G Suite as the new corporate tool. In this work, you will work in close collaboration with technical experts from the ICT and change management team.
- To excel in this position, you should demonstrate a service-minded approach, possesses good communication skills, good IT understanding, have the ability to learn, and be a good team player.
Under the supervision of the System Support Team Lead and in close coordination with the rest of the ICT team, your functions, among others, will be:
Provide GSuite support to end-users
- Identify, analyse and resolve issues, ensuring a responsive and service-minded approach.
- Provide solutions to inquiries about functionalities and issues, by seeking technical advice and support from online sources, other members of the System Support team, colleagues, and subject matter experts and thus building own capacity and knowledge.
- Ensure optimal quality services by maintaining ownership of all reported problems until the appropriate resolution is reached and communicated to the person reporting the problem.
- Follow up on incoming queries, reassign tickets.
- Maintain a log of requests serviced, solutions provided and outstanding issues.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain third level support.
- Creation and modification of user accounts.
- Accurately and extensively document and maintain the creation and modification of user profiles
Provide G Suite training to end-users
- Provide support to the identification of training needs
- Provide support to the planning of training sessions
- Facilitate and/or conduct training sessions (workshops, webinars, webcasts, one-to-one, online)
- Under the guidance of the Systems Support Team lead, produce and update training materials
High School Education required
University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or other relevant discipline is an advantage and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a support function, focusing on process and/or system support is required
- Within these 6 years of experience, at least one year of G Suite experience covering at least Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Meet, Chat, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Google+ in a corporate environment is required
- Experience in user training is required
- Experience from a G Suite support function is highly desired
- Demonstrable experience using applications for customer service and Developing User Training materials is an asset
- An official certification in G Suite would be an asset
- Language requirements:
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset