World Health Organization, Tunis, Tunisia
Closing Date for Applications:
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country team.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive, screen and process correspondence and requests, and follow up on implementation of all administrative actions, ensuring adherence to deadlines and timely response to correspondence and queries.
- Type, ensuring correctness of language as well as format, and in accordance with WHO Style Guide, correspondence, reports, documents and presentations upon written/verbal instructions, and independently compose correspondence of purely routine administrative nature.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding duty travel of staff in the unit, submit travel requests (TRs) in the Global Management System (GSM), arrange for flight and hotel reservations and deal with other related matters.
- Type documents and presentations for preparation of meeting, workshops, training courses, etc., send invitation letters to participants, photocopy documents and prepare files; follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
- Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers. Update and maintain records and reference files.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services, and follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Replace other assistants within the department, as required.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.
- Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
- Essential: At least three years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with national and international staff.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the secretarial level an asset.
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.