About the Organization:
World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
The World Bank Office Manila is seeking to recruit a dynamic, organized and suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Team Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the Senior Executive Assistant, the Team Assistant will provide efficient and high-quality accounting and administrative support to the Resource Management (RM) Team. The position will require coordinating with other teams in the country office, external clients and other stakeholders, and working closely with relevant parties in Chennai and Washington DC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Processes accurately and promptly accounting transactions, including procurement, travel, consultant payments, vendor payments, charge backs and other office running expenses.
- Regularly reviews the open item accounts and resolves any outstanding items; keeps relevant documents and invoices systematically to fully support the accounts.
- Interacts with clients both inside and outside the Bank, e.g. staff, WFA (accounting team in Chennai and/or Washington), consultants, vendors, etc. to effect timely payments, respond to queries, and resolve accounting related issues.
- Petty cash management, processing and monitoring receivables and collections
- Asset management – asset acquisition assignment and disposal, physical inventory of fixed assets and office supplies, maintains and updates inventory records and reports.
- Handles local purchasing of supplies, equipment and contracts for services.
- Provides references to Bank financial and administrative policies and procedures in administrative expense related subject areas.
- Carries out the full range of office support work, including monitoring schedules related to the team's tasks, taking follow-up actions, packaging documents for audit submission.
- Maintains up-to-date RM team files (both paper and electronic).
- Assists in preparation of presentation materials and logistical planning for adhoc events, e.g. workshops, etc.
- Handles other adhoc duties as required, e.g. assisting team members during work overflow/overload.
Essential Specialized Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of basic accounting theory and principles and understanding of internal controls philosophy
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Ability to use technology or/and systems relevant to functional area, e.g. enterprise-wide business transaction and information system (SAP). Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
- Ability to research, interpret data, and synthesize information clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to liaise effectively and professionally with a wide range of clients (internal and external)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to take up additional ad-hoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position whenever needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 3 years experience in a relevant field, e.g. accounting or finance, administration.