Technical Advisor – Child Protection & Participation
World Vision , Sri Lanka
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of this position will be to provide advice in defining and achieving World Vision Lanka (WVL)’s sector objectives. This position is also responsible for leading technical design processes, maintaining up to date knowledge of sector trends, strategic networking, and supporting positioning with corporate and institutional donors for coordination learning and advocacy.
- Contribute to the formulation and revision of the organizational strategy to ensure the sector priorities are reflected within the national strategy.
- Provide direction to design and review End Violence Against Children (EVAC) campaign in alignment with identified Child Protection thematic area.
- Set strategic level key performance indicators of the sector and drive the process of achieving, monitor and report at the end of the year.
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure Child and Adult Safeguarding policy of WVL is implemented.
- Provide technical guideline at national and field level to ensure programmes adapt appropriate technologies, project models and approaches to achieve Technical Programme (TP)/ project targets.
- Conduct field visits to monitor the quality of the technical programming and provide solutions and recommendation for the identified gaps.
- Timely submission of monthly and TP Annual reports as per the internal reporting schedule.
- Provide guidance/Advice to the field Team in developing Annual and Semiannual reports, Annual budgeting and planning and review sample reports of each Region and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Actively and professionally represent WV at technical forums, working groups, and consultative sessions, with peers, donors and government to better positioning of WVL in the development field.
- Support to develop the capacities of the partners.
- Initiate / identify funding opportunities and link with International Resource Development & Management and National Resource Development departments for developing Concept notes and Proposals.
- Maintain Sector specific evidenced based learning, good practices to be shared with Donors, Government and other development Agencies, Resource acquisition Teams etc.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- At least 8 years’ experience in development sector with 5 years’ in Child Protection and Participation sector.
- Understanding of child protection systems in Sri Lankan education and life skills sector.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in leading and managing teams.
- Master’s degree on any social science stream with post graduate qualifications on child rights and child psychology or Bachelor’s degree on any social science stream with minimum of 5 years’ experience directly working on the child protection sector.
- Extensive knowledge on national and provincial policies and national and international trends implementing Child Protection and Participation programs integrating with other sectors in developing countries, experience in INGOs preferred.
- Research and advocacy skills/training.
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills.
- Good knowledge in project logic and design.
- Training/knowledge/experience on cross cutting sectors; Gender, Disability, Peacebuilding, Environment, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and other local languages.