FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Technical Advisor, Knowledge Management is primarily responsible for providing leadership, technical assistance, and coordination support for the development and dissemination of knowledge management deliverables documenting COVID-19 program activities and ensuring that EpiC and FHI 360 staff are abreast of the latest COVID-19 science and innovations. The Technical Advisor will contribute to the development of knowledge products for a wide variety of audiences, such as funders, health care workers, program managers, and project beneficiaries. S/he will support the gathering, synthesis, and dissemination of information and collaborate with project staff to create engaging, compelling, and high-quality deliverables that distill and elevate EpiC’s COVID-19 implementation experience, lessons learned, and impact. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for working with both HQ-based staff and country-based staff.
- Work closely with senior project management to determine EpiC COVID-19 knowledge management priorities and provide technical support for all COVID-19 knowledge management activities.
- Serve as point of contact and interact independently with EpiC field-based colleagues on the production of COVID-19 knowledge management deliverables and keep senior project management apprised of activity progress.
- Support the synthesis and curation of evidence and experience emerging from the project’s programming and routine data analysis.
- Stay abreast of relevant COVID-19 science and evidence-based practices and ensure knowledge products reflect and promote the latest evidence to EpiC and FHI 360 staff.
- Work closely with science writers, editors, designers, and language translation specialists to produce high-quality, audience-appropriate print and digital knowledge products, including peer-reviewed publications, blog posts, photo essays, technical briefs, reports and fact sheets, conference abstracts and presentations, and training materials and other technical tools.
- Design and coordinate virtual and, where appropriate, in-person learning exchange activities.
- Support the development and execution of communications and dissemination strategies for EpiC COVID-19 knowledge projects, including liaising with FHI 360’s corporate communications team, USAID’s communications team, and other strategic partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID.
- Ensure timely development and completion of COVID-19 knowledge management deliverables.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in international development, public health, journalism, or related field required.
- 5-8 years of relevant knowledge management experience, including experience with USAID-funded global health projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Highly proficient writing and verbal communication skills; adept at cross-cultural communication.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.