Technical Advisor - SI/M&E
FHI 360, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
The Technical Advisor SI/M&E will provide technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas. Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate. Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. The position will be based in Bamenda, Cameroon and report to the Project Director
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own workflow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Supports projects and colleagues in data analytics, data visualization, reporting and in health information systems.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of programs/projects and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identify and recognize routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develop solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Translates information provided in an incorrect form to meet required standard.
- Explains basic accounting trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues with ledger accounts and internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- An appropriate audit trail is maintained for all transactions.
- Month end closing deadlines and processes are met timely.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects. Experience managing PEPFAR funded projects is highly desirable.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong health management information, data analytics and data visualization skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of technical issues.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in
- English/ French
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in French and English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- For Cameroon nationals or individuals with due authorization to work in Cameroon only.