Norwegian Refugee Council, Florencia, Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
- The purpose of the position Technical Assistant of the Complaints and Claims Mechanism - MQR is to technically support the implementation, improvement and monitoring of the complaints and feedback mechanism for the affected population in the corresponding geographic area.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, manuals, and guidelines.
- Support with the implementation of the project portfolio according to the action plan
- It implements procedures and activities indistinctly within the function or basic competence as delegated.
- Responsible for the organization and execution of tasks according to priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the area of work specialization in which technical assistance and support is provided, in order to be more effective in supporting the team.
- Initiative in solving everyday problems in accordance with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the work area.
- Prepare and develop status reports required by management
- Ensure proper archiving of documents
- Promote and share ideas to strengthen the functions of your role.
- Support the establishment of the complaints and feedback mechanism in the area, according to NRC standard operating procedures and related tools.
- Ensure that the complaint and feedback mechanism in the area is available and accessible to affected populations.
- Contribute to increasing the knowledge of the established complaint mechanisms, among the Basic Competence Teams (CC) in the area offices, as well as among the implementing partners and / or contractors
- Raise awareness and disseminate complaints and feedback management procedures, policies, and tools to beneficiaries, NRC staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provide training to staff based on the correct implementation of the accountability system.
- Support the development of gender and age sensitive awareness materials on existing feedback and complaint mechanisms.
- Be the focal point for complaints and feedback in the area.
- Ensure that all materials related to complaints, feedback and external referrals are handled in strict confidence and in accordance with the relevant data protection and information exchange protocols.
- Ensure an adequate and effective response to complaints received, in accordance with the relevant guiding principles and established procedures.
- Assist in the development of procedures and tools for both internal and external referrals of requests, complaints or claims.
- Ensure that referral routes are operational and are periodically updated to ensure that beneficiaries have timely and adequate access to comprehensive care and assistance, especially in cases of high risk or extreme vulnerability.
- Ensure the correct filing of all documents related to complaints and referrals.
- Consult with beneficiaries and target communities to obtain feedback on the reporting mechanisms and referral system in place, as well as to identify emerging protection issues.
- Provide information for review of NRC Complaint Mechanism standard operating procedures and established referral system
- Others assigned by the supervisor in the fulfillment of the objective of the position
- These are the skills, knowledge, and experiences that are important to effective performance.
General professional skills:
- Work experience / knowledge as an Assistant in the context of humanitarian aid.
- Knowledge and experience within the technical field and ideally a relevant professional qualification.
- Previous work experience in complex and changing contexts
- Verifiable experience related to the responsibilities of the position
- Some knowledge of the English language
Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Professional in social sciences, anthropology, administrative sciences or related careers.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in the development, implementation and management of feedback and complaints systems, in development cooperation, social and / or humanitarian projects.
- Knowledge and experience in handling and managing complaints.
- Knowledge and understanding of the essential humanitarian norm.
- Understanding and coincidence with the mission of NRC and its strategic operating mechanisms.
- Knowledge of the gender approach and policies in working with victims.
- Interpersonal skills for teamwork in order to achieve institutional goals.
- Willingness to share information and protect institutional communication channels.
- Organization and confidentiality of information.
- Basic knowledge in handling physical files.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from a wide range of sources.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of international standards, and fundamental protection concepts.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Command of computer tools (MS Office package, internet, email, databases, etc.).
- Theoretical knowledge and work experience in information management and systematization. (Management of databases on online platforms or Excel).
- Knowledge and experience in the results-based management methodology.