A Technical Associate will be recruited to support Bappenas, in coordination with various ministries and institutions relevant to the G20, in leading the overall DWG related work. Furthermore, he/she will also required to support the coordination of INFF and provide technical assistance to Bappenas as the leading agency of INFF in Indonesia and participating stakeholders on aspects of the INFF process and assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Support the project team to ensure effective project planning, budgeting and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results
- Coordination of project planning and preparation work for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives;
- Analysis, researches, summary and presentation of basic information/data on specific project and related topics;
- Preparation for project documents and submission to relevant parties for approval by relevant parties
- Provide effective supervisory role to assistant / clerical level in implementation of project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
- Promoting gender equality outcome / output clearly reflected in the programme;
- Data collection and information gathering to support ongoing and proposed research, and policy/strategy development.
Support to the effective reporting on progress of project implementation
- Preparation and analysis of project workplan and budget proposals; provides assistance in the interpretation of budget guidelines; reviews and coordinates submissions of work proposal and budget estimation, ensuring requisite information is included and justified in terms of proposed activities; propose adjustments as necessary; prepares reports and ensures that outputs/services are properly categorized.
- Preparation of results-oriented progress reports, in line with the monitoring and reporting guidelines and presents it to the project assurance team on a timely manner;
- Preparation of data for monitoring of projects; categorization, updating, tracking and analysing data related to projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.; carries out periodic status reviews
- Effective contribution to the development of programme/project’s reports and related products on SDGs;
Provides administrative support to the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintain database of project, ensuring proper archivng of report of each component;
- Provide draft of TORs and minute of meetings;
- Effective organization of meetings/workshops/trainings as necessary.
- Effective support for documentations and draft reports from discussions/meetings/workshops organized by project
Support strategic partnerships and support to the implementation of resource mobilization focusing on the following results
- Updated database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- Establishment of filing management for internal databases; updated statistical tables, graphic content, and other background materials/notes to facilitate audit and other reviews.
- Finalization and publication of multiple languages report as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project,
- Preparation of draft correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares project’s contributions for a variety of periodic reports
- Maintain good flow of communication and information between the project, Bappenas, MOF, and other relevant stakeholders
- Synthesized data and trends research to develop strategic insights to inform the development of project implementation, external communications and public Effective support on partnerships and stakeholder engagement in support of project implementation
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project management support function
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Effective contribution to learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Effective documentation of evidence of applied knowledge services delivered to UNDP colleagues and Government partners through research packages and concepts;
- Established and maintain documentation of workshops and seminars delivered in support of Lab’s concepts, Government counterparts and UNDP colleagues;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Promotes knowledge management on gender equality issues
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- The Technical Associate will work under the guidance of the Directorate of Multilateral Funding Cooperation and SDGs Secretariat in Bappenas, with direct reporting line to the UNDP Indonesia’s Head of Innovative Financing Lab
- He/She will work closely with an International Consultant to support Government of Indonesia and relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of G20 Development Working group and INFF.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education Bachelor in Public Policy, International Relations, Finance, Economy, Science or related fields.
- Minimum years of relevant Work experience Minimum 3 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of sustainable development, development finance, innovative finance, public policy, environment, policy analysis for candidates with Bachelor’s degree
Required skills and competencies
- Solid experience performing analytical work and producing report
- Solid organizational and communication skills;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web based management systems will be an advantage.
- Good inter-personal and team-building skills.
Desired additional skills and competencies
- Experience of working with the Government of Indonesia (ministries/agencies), financial institutions, development partners, private sector, universities on SDG and development finance will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated familiarity with UNDP development projects in Indonesia is an advantage
- Experience in working with other UN agencies, other development partners, government on programming in relation to sustainable development, SDGs and innovative finance would be highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of UN Common System is an advantage.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Good ability for written and spoken in Bahasa Indonesia and English