Technical Consultant - Women's Economic Empowerment
UN Women, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
Position: Technical Consultant - Women's Economic Empowerment –Department of Women and Child Development, Government of NCT of Delhi
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director DWCD, the Technical Consultant will be responsible for:
- Support in formulation and implementation of women’s economic empowerment (WEE) initiatives in the areas of, but not limited to, skill building, employment, and entrepreneurship.
- Provide technical inputs on gender in the policies, programmes, schemes, initiatives on WEE
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships
- Support in developing a results-based monitoring and management system to track the progress of initiatives
- Ensure continuous assessment of performance in terms of the relevance of results, sustainability, responsibility and accountability, appropriateness, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing as required by DWCD
- Ensure smooth coordination between relevant key stakeholders
- Technical support to DWCD in formulation, implementation, and monitoring of WEE programmes, policies, schemes, initiatives.
- Strategic partnerships created.
- Results based monitoring system in place.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing facilitated.
- Coordination between key stakeholders ensured.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on development projects; particularly in the context of women’s economic empowerment
- Knowledge of and experienced in project cycle management and well versed in logical frameworks.
- Previous experience with M&E, Reporting and Documentation for International Agencies including the UN System is desirable.
- Good writing skills and the ability to explain technical terms in a non-technical language;
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of issues pertaining to women’s economic empowerment
- Concept clarity on project planning and monitoring, including logical frameworks and indicators;
- Excellent analytical skills and prior experience of both quantitative and qualitative data analyses;
- Working knowledge of gender and sex disaggregated statistics would be an asset;
- Experience in using statistical package such as SPSS/STATA;
- Previous exposure to gender related projects, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and M&E assignments.
Language: Strong written skills in English and good command over Hindi as medium of communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN Women’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Leadership and Self-Management