FHI 360, Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
The Technical Officer- Integrated HIV Services provides technical support to the FHI360 ZHCT project to implement high quality integrated HIV services and activities across all project sites. It has a special focus on increasing access to care and treatment, retention of clients in care and treatment, and ensuring technical efficacy of all HIV strategies of the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides technical support related to management of FHI 360 ZHCT HIV Care and Treatment Program towards epidemic control in implementation districts.
- Supports provision of technical assistance to MOHCC in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation strategies of various components of the HIV/AIDS service delivery elements as appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation and evaluation of integrated HIV/AIDS activities within the project.
- Facilitates the translation of national HIV care and treatment guidance into implementation; Ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by FHI 360 and its funders.
- Ensure appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the FHI 360 Country Office.
- Contribute to strengthening a standardized monitoring and evaluation system in support of the continuum of care for integrated HIV services at community level.
- Undertakes regular frequent monitoring visits to project sites as necessary and ensures adherence to FHI 360 ZHCT project SOPS, MOHCC guidelines and USAID guidance.
- Coordinates all capacity building and external quality assurance activities for FHI 360 staff at district levels; Lead/Review periodic reports (programmatic and financial) submitted by all ZHCT staff at the district level and produce consolidated reports for submission to the Provincial Medical Director (PMD).
- Support in the development of contractual deliverables for programmatic reporting; Contributes to development of lessons learned from the project and other relevant projects that are related to community-based management of integrated HIV/AIDS services and apply these lessons to modify and improve the project.
- Work closely with the FHI 360 Country Office Technical team to develop and monitor district annual work plans and budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Basic knowledge and experience in M& E.
- Willing to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- USAID/PEPFAR program experience and added advantage
- QI/QA experience of public health programs an added advantage
Qualifications and Experience:
- MBChB or equivalent.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS program management and implementation or Provincial level working with NGO sectors.
- Experience with facility HIV care and treatment programs in Zimbabwe is an added advantage.
- Previous experience of managing health programs in Zimbabwe at district or provincial level an advantage
- Valid registration with the relevant professional body; Familiarity with Zimbabwe health systems and NGOs is highly desirable.
- Clean Class 4 drivers’ license.