OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The mission of WHO's Health Emergencies Programme is to help countries, and to coordinator international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the National Health Sector NGOs Strategic Plan as well as working together as a network of service providers in the health sector.
- Liaise and coordinate with existing and potential NGO partners to renew or establish partnerships in delivery of health care in areas of need.
- Receive proposals from qualified NGOs for partnership in the delivery of the basic essential package of healthcare, analyze, process and make recommendations on the successful proposals.
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessment on WHO's engagement with National Health Sector NGOs, develop list of NGOs qualified for annual Memorandum of Understanding MOUs and ensure approvals with the Regional and HQ Offices on an annual basis.
- Be responsible for the renewal or termination of contracts, with timely reporting and feedbacks.
- Review and improve on WHO's NGO partnerships' monitoring mechanisms to ensure relevant and timely reporting by NGO implementing partners, including field/site visits to implementing partners.
- Identify gaps in performance towards the objectives of the Unit and oversee recruitment and management of short-term consultants to complement the work of the Unit towards achievement of their objectives.
Essential: University degree in social sciences, Law or Business administration
Desirable: Master's degree in social sciences/ Business Administration
Essential: At least 1 year of experience in health systems coordination. project management and collaboration with partners. Experience in developing countries.
Desirable: Experience in UN organizations/agencies, International institutions or NGOs.
- Good knowledge of health system and policy process.
- Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals and procedures and policies
- Ability to summarize and prepare clear and precise papers and documents.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent ability to work and deliver quality results in pressing and conflicting priorities
USE OF LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.