Technical Officer (Health Promotion)
World Health Organisation(WHO), Manila, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
- Manage the regional health promotion programme, and provide technical support for Health Promotion policies, programme development, implementation, and evaluation in the Region;
- Promote health in all policies, and provide technical support for development of healthy cities, other healthy settings, health impact assessment; and lifestyle risk factor intervention particularly promotion of healthy diets and physical activity;
- Support and coordinate with national authorities and multi-sectoral partners in the development, implementation and evaluation of national strategies, polices and plans for health promotion programmes, Including capacity building and research; and
- Build and strengthen partnerships with multiple stakeholders to advance health promotion through policies, legislation, regulation, fiscal and administrative interventions and other approaches.
- Postgraduate degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Promotion or Health Education is essential. Advanced postgraduate degree in a Public Health related field an asset
- Broad knowledge of concepts and strategies related to health promotion.
- Skills in programme/project development, management, and in promoting national initiatives.
- Capacity to coordinate and integrate related programme activities.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural background and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Seven years of experience in health promotion with international experience in health promotion, healthy cities and related areas are required. Work experience from an international organization highly desirable.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential. Working knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage