Technical Process Analyst
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Responsible for the development and day-to-day maintenance and enhancements of the application systems in test and production operations, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication, and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Service Support and Operations team members. Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with lifecycle methodology, version control, appropriate testing, and risk guidelines. Acts as an internal expert in terms of the assigned system and is responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Plays a critical role in delivering high-quality service and support to various levels of internal users. Conducts technical and analytical work in developing, designing, and/or analyzing technical solutions for clients. Assesses new software products and solutions. Duties include participation in client needs assessments, evaluating hardware and platform availability, and software requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation, development and implementation of company systems, including custom developed, off-the-shelf, and/or hosted solutions.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Develops new system components to include graphic user interfaces, software programs, database interfaces and reports.
- Troubleshoots basic software malfunctions, maintaining existing programs and make appropriate modifications based on changes in business environment, equipment, personnel and/or errors in existing programs.
- Ensures the consistent and reliable use of all code management and library systems assuring available, reproducible and reusable programs.
- Coordinates with company employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Works with IT (ITIL Lifecycle) and project teams to analyze and clarify operational and platform requirements.
- Executes development process for assigned work products within the scope of change/release management for enhancements and projects.
- Ensures system documentation is up to date, including data related to incidents and enhancements.
- Updates system documentation per the change/release process.
- Contributes to definition of standards, best practices and maintenance of applications.
- Determines project scope, timelines and provide quotes on development efforts.
- Leads code and design reviews.
- Develops tools to streamline development efforts.
- Defines and mentor staff in standards, best practices and maintenance of applications.
- Assists in managing flow of change request activities including assignment of programmer and documentation to be updated.
- Works with development team(s) to update project plans and track projects. Assists in managing overall scheduling and timeline across projects.
- Participates in business requirements definition and documentation.
- Coordinates with product vendors for technical support.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Participates in projects and initiatives as a project resource.
- Design appropriate system solutions, translate business requirements into system specifications.
- Setup, configure, or develop business applications to support business requirements.
- Develop and execute system test plans.
- Develop and execute plans for deploying the applications into production.
- Identify and resolve project issues to further the project execution process.
- Troubleshoot issues in the use and functioning of the applications.
- Work with technical developers and database administrators to correct issues in the functioning of the applications.
- May assist in the use of a combination of data modeling, information engineering, mathematical model building, sampling and accounting principles to ensure efficient and comprehensive designs.
- Coordinate with application vendors as needed in the support process.
- Administer applicable security in adherence to the application’s access request and approval procedure(s).
- Provide regular communication on the status of assignments, requests and projects.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Integrates knowledge and skills from other specialties to address moderate to complex work assignments and problems.
- Supports technology applications by exploring and adapting to changing technologies.
- Independently applies technical judgment to work assignments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proactively verifies problem resolution. Independently resolves routine and non-routine problems. Performs diagnostics on assigned software and/or hardware.
- Makes suggestions for technical modifications to prevent future problems.
- Oversee and facilitate the work of others (Developers and other analysts) in support of the project execution process.
- Train entry-level Application Analysts.
- Provide guidance and support the users in their efforts to become proficient in the use of the applications.
- Consults with clients and higher- level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Related Field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of professional IT experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Product Engineer /Technical Process Analyst.
- Knowledge and experience of databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and cost-avoidance opportunities in Finance and Procurement domain.
- Excellent experience in building ERP and HCM processes and integrations.
- Excellent in solution design with focus on process-transformation-architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with building enterprise application integration (EAI), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Rest Oriented Architecture (ROA) driven solutions at enterprise scale.
- At least 2 years of experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with full project development, implementation, and deployment. (Power Automate, UI Path etc.)
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience building complex applications using workflow orchestration tools.
- Strong working knowledge of supporting solutions hosted on AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Data modelling, Query tuning and Data transformation.
- Managing the impact assessment of proposed change in the integrated technology environment, in particular understanding the impact of proposed changes on all upstream and downstream systems.
- Hands-On experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Acts as ambassador for teamwork and adapt horizontal service delivery model to help all our partners with integration, business services and API needs.
- Ability to breakdown technical requirements into autonomous micro services that can be reused across application(s).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer with exposure to writing queries, scripts and third-party Integrations.
- Excellent experience in supporting multiple business units, internal and external Stakeholders, functions in geographically distributed environment.
- Proficient in Agile and waterfall SDLC methodologies with ability to work in a fast-paced milestone-oriented environment.
- Excellent in writing detailed documentation (PRDs, Functional Specs & API Definitions).