This position is to plan and implement the technical program models to contribute to achieving the Project outcomes.
World Vision International – LAO country strategy FY2019-2021focuses on key ministry priorities for child well-being namely Nutrition, Education. The Technical Specials and Provincial TP manager aim to ensure that technical support is brought closer to the field operations implementing programmes.
Technical Programmes are national or sub-regional level programmes implemented by World Vision in multiple geographic locations within a country. TPs are comprised of evidence-based practices and models previously identified, defined and prioritised through a strategic process and documented in a Technical Program (TP). TPs are designed to ensure National Offices (NOs) achieve World Vision’s mission, and the NO strategy, which includes the highest impact for the well-being of children, in accordance with relevant TP and NO strategic objectives and integration of relevant supporting approaches (SA).
The Technical Project Coordinator (TPC) is responsible for the implementation of the Technical Programme Models. H/She will be working with Provincial TP Manager to establish and maintain the programme quality. This person will be representing WVI-LAO to technical networks at district level and engaging in advocacy relevant to TP objectives, using credible M&E and evidence from TP implementation, and providing capacity building of TDF and partners.
Key Objectives of Job: The position is accountable for the following:
- Plan and implement the technical project model log-frame and LEAP budget following the TP quality standards and requirements.
- Provide technical capacity building and coaching/mentoring to project partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Represent of WVI-L in advocacy and external engagement as leading organization technical programs at district level.
Major Responsibilities of Job:
Technical Project Model Adaptation & Implementation
- Work with Provincial Team and Project Partners to adapt the technical project implementation to community context.
- Implement the technical project log-frame within the agreed design and budget.
- Develop, review and update annual, semi-annual and monthly budget and detail implementation plan.
- Work with CE Coordinator and TDF to identify and mitigate risks/issues to ensure quality implementation of technical project models.
- Work with TDF to organize training and ongoing coaching/mentoring on technical project model/curriculum to project partners.
- Lead reflection and learning of technical project models implementation for ongoing feedback and improvement.
- Coordinate and participate in WVI-L technical program/project learning networks to share experiences and lessons learnt with the evidence.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Work with DME team and TDF team to develop a monitoring plan; conduct spot-checks, reflect the project models implementation and carrying out the plan.
- Organize TP baseline
- Use standardized TP monitoring tool and its appropriate assurance.
- Analyse and disaggregate data in order to track the progresses on working with MVC.
- Train and engage project partners and key stakeholders in project monitoring and learning.
- Track technical project model spending and variance explanation against budget plan.
- Provide monthly, semi and annual progresses report to Provincial TP manager, Technical Specialist and CE Coordinator.
- Prepare and compile project model data for child well-being report.
- Prepare documentation of relevant technical project model as requested.
Advocacy and External Representation
- Represent WVI-L at District/village levels to promote technical model and strengthen collaborative relationship.
- Implement TP’s advocacy components to influence local policy implementers/decision makers at district and/or village levels through use of the evidence-based.
- Participate in implementing TP Advocacy components at provincial/District level
Team Work and Integration
- Actively participate as a member in learning, training and spiritual nurture.
- Orient/train TDF’s on technical project model.
- Share plan and integrate/synergize technical project activities.
- Degree in Public health, Nutrition, Agriculture/Food Security.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good understanding nutrition status in community context.
- Technical knowledge in maternal, child health, food security/ nutrition.
- Clear understanding on Nutrition Program including Nutrition models and approaches.
- Basic knowledge on nutrition data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of community participatory advocacy models
- 2 years’ experience in the technical area of Nutrition, Food Security, Maternal and Child health.
- Experience in working with community based approaches and models: CIMCI, BFCI, IYCF, CMAM, Savings Group (SG), LVCD, BSL.
- Experience conducting and assisting nutrition/food security surveys
- Strong experience in project implementation and Design Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience managing project across a large geographic area within district.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with local government and NGO partners and stakeholders
- Experience nutrition related advocacy campaigns and activities
- Experience in working on behavioral change and communications
- Proven experience in project coordination, including financial management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in handling training and workshops for groups and communities( including coaching and mentoring)
Common Knowledge and Skills across Technical Project Coordinators:
- Willingness to learn and be pro-active about personal professional development
- Good organizational and coordinating skills
- Ability to pro-actively influence, network, and collaborate with local level government and NGOs
- Good communication skills in Lao and English (written and verbal)
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills (including facilitation)
- Thorough knowledge and ability of MS Office
- Ability to demonstrate project management and foster a collaborative, team oriented atmosphere
- Integrity, honesty, and accountability to both the team and the community