UNDP’s Office of Information Management Technology (OIMT) is part of the Bureau of Management Services (BMS) and is responsible for full lifecycle provisioning of information communication technologies (ICT) services to UNDP and other UN agencies as well. As part of these services, OIMT is responsible for operating and enhancing one of the largest ERPs in the UN system. It is accessed by over 25,000 users in over 170 countries globally and is the backbone system responsible for the management and delivery of over USD 6 billion for eight UN agencies.
The successful applicant will be part of the PeopleSoft (Atlas) Application Support team within UNDP’s Office of Information Management Technology (OIMT) and will contribute to the provision of applications support and project delivery services to the end user community by addressing issues impeding effective use of currently deployed applications in area of financial management. This position will mostly focus around the support and project delivery of the PeopleSoft Treasury module and associated components, namely the PeopleSoft Financial Gateway and SWIFT banking system. It is anticipated that UNDP will be upgrading the platform from the current 9.0 version to 9.2 within the next 12-18 months and the Specialist will play a crucial role in the project team. Upgrade and implementation experience with PeopleSoft financials version 9.X is required.
The successful applicant should possess a strong technical and functional background in the PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management suite, specifically the Treasury Module (cash, deal, and investment management), Financial Gateway, and interaction with the SWIFT banking system. Knowledge of any other PeopleSoft modules would be a plus along with strong PeopleSoft technical skills in the areas of Integration Broker and People Tools.
The successful applicant is expected to have clear sense of the data and its relation to various modules and use of such information in UNDP's business context. The Specialist should have strong functional and hands on technical experience in order to understand and address opportunities expressed by user community and to implement solutions so as to enhance the value to UNDP business processes. The Specialist is also expected to work with off shore vendor resources in delivering services and must be an effective communicator, be mature and transition knowledge within the team and to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Act as the primary technical liaison between Treasury Operations and OIMT technical support teams by ensuring core Treasury related applications are supporting business needs as expected:
- Lead the Treasury workstream as part of the anticipated PeopleSoft upgrade.
- Working with both off shore and on shore support teams identify solutions that address end user community concerns.
- Provide technical support leadership by delivering fit for purpose solutions and resolution to Tier-3 cases assigned by the Global Service Desk (GSD).
- Use understanding and experience with SWIFT message formats to support the effective usage of the latest advancements to increase UNDPs ability to streamline the end to end business process.
- Lead application of bundles/patches/updates by engaging the business community to assess their impact and strategize approaches to apply such fixes.
- Prepares technical designs, builds, unit tests and implements approved solutions.Provide an enhanced user experience with already deployed applications through training, information sharing, and continuous enhancements guided by user feedback.
- Analyze on a regular basis trends of user cases and issues to identify patterns which suggest needs for enhancements or training for effective use of the applications
- Liaise with the end user community through collaboration with the GSD and attendance of the Treasury Finance operations meetings in order to understand user experiences in using the system and to identify opportunities for enhancements or training for effective use of applications
- Frame and formulate initiatives for consideration to the Chief Application Support to enhance effective use of the applications.
Meet Project Management and Change Control standards in all aspects of development activities
- Follow established change control guidelines to ensure that changes introduced to the production system comply with established change control guidelines.
- Follow established project management guidelines to ensure that projects are managed in a controlled environment.
- Ensure that technical deliverables are delivered on time within budget and in line with coding standards.
- Proactively advises manager of risks, issues and status of key metrics
- Participate peer to peer design/code review and ensures quality of the technical deliverables.
- Carry out testing cycle to secure end user sign off prior to introduction of the fix to production environment.
- Execute seamless transition of major development projects to production GSD by ensuring compatibility of such projects with existing functionalit
- Analyze impact of new major development projects to existing functions at early stage of the projects.
- Participate in testing phase of the major development projects.
- Analyze support needs for additional functions to be introduced by the major development projects and recommend required arrangements to ensure seamless transition of such projects to production.
- Work with the GSD on a continuous improvement programme as it relates to Treasury applications.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Peoplesoft Treasury Technical Support: Provide Technical Support for Treasury Operations
- Business Process Design and Support: Provide Business Process Design and Support
- User Focused Solution Design: Provide User Focused Training and Support.
Project Management: Follow established project and change management guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Masters or Bachelors degree in areas of IT, Accounting, Engineering, or Business/Public Administration.
- Substantive (minimum 7 years with a Bachelor, minimum 5 years with a Masters) technical experience in PeopleSoft Financials, with good knowledge of version 9.X architecture. Strong working knowledge of Peoplesoft core applications and underlying data structure through knowledge of PeopleTools 1 and 2, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, Application Messaging, Integration Broker, and Peoplesoft Query.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials version 9.X and PeopleTools 8.5X is required.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and automated testing tools (PeopleSoft Test Framework or others) is a strong plus.
- Substantive experience in UNDP accounts and/or programmes with Atlas implementation is a plus.
- Strong oral and written presentation communication skill is a plus.
Language Requirements: Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable.