Malaria Consortium , Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
- Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the
- comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases and child health in Africa and
- Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government
- agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence
- supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of
- programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation
- works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems,
- which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
- The USAID PMI Uganda Malaria Control Activity will support the people of Uganda to strengthen the
- capacity for malaria prevention and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the community and
- household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts. This activity
- will also seek to improve private sector engagement and surveillance and strengthen the existing
- linkages between community health services/community-level leadership and facilities/District Health
- Teams to increase the ability to prevent, detect, and treat malaria in households.
- The purpose of the consultancy is to coordinate and support specific preparatory work for the USAID PMI
- Uganda Malaria Control Activity, for which Malaria Consortium is intending to bid.
- The selected consultant will lead the development of the programme’s design components and the
- technical approach according to the requirements and templates specified by Malaria Consortium’s
- Technical and Business Development Teams with inputs and contributions from Malaria Consortium and
- its partners.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with designated staff of Malaria Consortium and its key
- partners in this bid, in particular Malaria Consortium’s Global Technical Director, selected members of
- the Senior Technical Team (STT), the Uganda Country office Team, and the Business Development Team
- appointed focal points of the partners in this bid.
- Carry out desk research and review background documents
- Support the in country collection, compilation and presentation of relevant field data
- Facilitate virtual design sessions in coordination with the BD team;
- Coordinate specific inputs from Malaria Consortium and partners
- Participate in preparation of relevant design components
- Synthetize information and draft relevant documents or sections
- Put together the first/interim draft technical response and budget
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social sciences or a related development field;
- Demonstrable track record designing, implementing or evaluating malaria control programmes;
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrable ability to write technical content clearly, concisely,
drawing from a variety of data sources under tight timelines;
- Quantitative data analysis skills;
- Advanced computer skills with strong Office 365 skills;
- Written and verbal fluency in English;
- Analytical rigor and attention to detail;
- Ability to work and collaborate remotely;
- Experience of USAID PMI proposal specifications.